Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec Fusion 430 - PSU

Options
  • 27-05-2008 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

I started building my first PC from scratch last night. The case I'm using is an Antec Fusion 430. It comes with a 430W PSU already installed. I tried plugging the PSU to the mains and switching it on (without any other connection to mobo/HD/DVD). I thought at this point the fan on the PSU should start but it didn't.
    Should the PSU fan have started?

I'm very new to all this and I thought it might be a good starting point to have a working PSU. I'm going to get my hands on a multi meter this evening to see what's the output from the PSU.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

No your psu won't start.
    If you want to start it without youer motherboard you need to get a wires and put it into the green wires pin and the other end of the wire into the black wires pin next to it.

image012.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

No your psu won't start.
    If you want to start it without youer motherboard you need to get a wires and put it into the green wires pin and the other end of the wire into the black wires pin next to it.
    Excellent - thanks for that blackgold.
    I don't really want to start the PSU without being connected to the motherboard, I just thought it might be possible.

So the PSU should start as when I connect the 24 pin power plug to the motherboard, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

The motherboard does the same thing really as that wire pin thinga ma jig does :)
    Your psu will start grand.

Advertisement