Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry vs. Tour de France ride

Options
  • 27-05-2008 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

These both fall on the same weekend. I want to try and do one of them but I have no idea which one. Which one are people considering doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

well if you have your entry for the etape, do that, else do the ROK cos the etape is full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I'm not talking about the etape

http://www.slaneycyclingclub.com/?page_id=12

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ah comprendé :D
    ROK for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Not too far off-topic I hope! Was chatting with a friend who said there was a climb on the TdeF in Ireland which had all the pros complaining how hard it was. A short steep hill, probably on the Wicklow leg. My friend thought it was called 'the devil's something or other'. Anyone know what he was talking about?

(I've heard the steep road up to Johnny Foxes from Enniskerry direction is called the Devil's Elbow and it's poxy:p to cycle up but I doubt that could make a pro complain)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Devils Glen? Down behind Ashford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I seriously doubt a pro riding complained about that.

yes its steep but its so so short.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

That's a pity all right, I would have liked to do both. If it was Saturday-Sunday I might even have considered it ;-)

I suspect the TdF ride is going to be faster/more competitive (although it is "not a race") while the RoK will be more leisurely and relaxed, if that helps your decision any.

Advertisement