Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth not choosing Barca?

Options
  • 27-05-2008 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Alright blokes. Basically I'm a Man U man and love playing with them. However, I'm finding it hard to compete against the constant onslaught of Barca online. Everyone chooses them! They do have an unreal team. Am I fighting a losing battle not choosing them?

What is the best way to beat Barce if they use their standard tactics? I usuallt try hit them on wings as they don't have much width around middle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If you're United then yeah I'd overload the wings. Play Ronaldo and A N Other pacy winger very high up the flanks and try get in behind them that way.

Also definitely play Hargreaves sitting almost on top of Rio and Vidic to act as a kind of roadblock.

Basically I'd go with -

Van der Sar

Neville
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra

Hargreaves

Scholes
    Carrick/Park

Tevez
    Ronaldo

Rooney

Get Scholes and Carrick/Park to make little runs to their respective wings as well to play little one-twos behind each full back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hansman

Are Barca the best team in the game to pick by far?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No, if you play the way Xavi pointed out they're not. That United team can hold off anyone and still break you down. In the same way, that's why they're PL & CL champions in real life too. Isn't that right Xavi?? :p;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭suspectdevice

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If you're United then yeah I'd overload the wings. Play Ronaldo and A N Other pacy winger very high up the flanks and try get in behind them that way.

Also definitely play Hargreaves sitting almost on top of Rio and Vidic to act as a kind of roadblock.

Basically I'd go with -

Van der Sar

Neville
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra

Hargreaves

Scholes
    Carrick/Park

Tevez
    Ronaldo

Rooney

Get Scholes and Carrick/Park to make little runs to their respective wings as well to play little one-twos behind each full back.

yep, thats my team. works every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I play with united every game, and I'm doing pretty well online, in fact i'd say I'm easily the best player in the world*

I play saha on the left wing as he has the speed, and park works effectivly in the middle with scholes. I play my back four as CB's, doesn't stop conceding goals but makes a hell of a difference.

I tend to back off when the likes of ronaldhino or messi are running at you, just learn to read the opponent's pattern. Defending is simple if you are clever about it. Most online players will try run to the by-line and cut the ball back, don't jump into tackle, back off and a simple conservative tackle when the time is right. Of course this doesn't work everytime, but over time you learn instinctivly how to defend properly. It's all about reading the next move.

There's a lot of attacking power in the united team, but you're in trouble if any of your strikers are in poor form, the bench is very weak. All in all, if you know what you're doing with the united team, they can beat anyone on their day.

*may/may not be a lie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i regularly beat teams who play as barca with newcastle

just gotta learn to handle their players. onslaughts become nonslaughts

Advertisement