Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Big Brother house is unveiled

Options
  • 27-05-2008 11:47am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

0001803c10dr.jpg

The new 'Big Brother' house has been unveiled ahead of the launch of the ninth series of the show.

This year's house is a brightly-coloured purpose built complex and is the biggest house ever used for the show.

The exterior walls are painted in pink, orange, yellow and green and the garden will once again have a swimming pool.

0001803b10dr.jpg

The bedroom, in the usual dormitory style, is less luxurious than in previous years, with thin, scratchy blankets and uncomfortable mattresses.

There is a large living area with comfy sofas and plush coverings as well as an ultra-modern separate kitchen area with a red theme.

0001803f10dr.jpg

0001803e10dr.jpg

the bathroom houses a swan tap attached to a huge bath, which is surrounded by flowers, greenery, gold statues and blue velvet sofas.

0001803d10dr.jpg

The garden also has an enclosed seating area this year, with an Alice in Wonderland-proportioned giant ashtray for smokers to sit in.

Sharon Powers, creative director of 'Big Brother', said: "We've got a really exciting group of housemates ready to go into the 'Big Brother' house."

"But they need to remember that the 'Big Brother' rules are there for a reason - 'Big Brother' will not tolerate rule breaks and will be tougher than ever on housemates. It's going to be really exciting to see how they rise to the challenge of life in the house."

"For the housemates, and the viewers, it's going to be a summer to remember."

'Big Brother' begins on Thursday 5 June, with Davina McCall once again hosting the show.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0527/bigbrother.html

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

TBH it looks the same as it does every year...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep same old. They should do what they do over here and just have one massive bed that everyone has to sleep on. It's great watching some of them freak on out when people roll over/snore etc during the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Better than last years tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Just hoping that the housemates don't dissapoint. Don't really care about how the house looks tbh. But i have to say the kitchen area does look very kool =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

really :D

Apparently there's no online streaming this year, which isn't going down well with a lot

Just waiting for the BB forum to do it's usual meltdown and it'll really be bb season :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Oh God, my husband will crack up. He hates BB and Im an addict.I know they are idiots mostly but it is addictive.:eek: I know, Im sad and have no life:(

Oh God, my husband will crack up. He hates BB and Im an addict.I know they are idiots mostly but it is addictive.:eek: I know, Im sad and have no life:(

Heh, you're not alone. It is very addictive =] Why would there be no online streaming anymore? Didn't they make money from that? You did have to sign up to get the access so why would they stop it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Why would there be no online streaming anymore? Didn't they make money from that? You did have to sign up to get the access so why would they stop it?

Well I think it's to do with the whole editing milarkey.

Every year there's hassle between those who watch the live E4 feed/online streaming and those who watch the highlights show and the contestants themselves arguing that any bad images of themselves were down to bad editing.

Looks like another round of Friends on E4 then :p

Well I think it's to do with the whole editing milarkey.

Every year there's hassle between those who watch the live E4 feed/online streaming and those who watch the highlights show and the contestants themselves arguing that any bad images of themselves were down to bad editing.

Looks like another round of Friends on E4 then :p

I doesn't bother me if they take the online streaming service down anyway, just gonna have to wait and see what they do and hopefully they keep the live feed on E4 going. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

here we go, here we go, here we go

another 8 weeks of us sitting on our sofas watching people sitting on sofas:pac:

i so wonder why my husband doesn't like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

The house is cool.....It will be hard to sleep in them beds:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

http://community.livejournal.com/bigbrother_uk/1392633.html

More pics...wonder if the rich/poor idea is returning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yep same old. They should do what they do over here and just have one massive bed that everyone has to sleep on.

Agreed.

Also instead of lots of individual bowls in the house that require endless washing and drying it would be better if they ate out of one massive long bowl placed on the floor.

That'd be entertaining to watch.

Advertisement