Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360

• 27-05-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Anyone know of some good deals for the XBox 360...not online tho :)

Thanks ..:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

depends on what you are looking for exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

Ah i dont know exactly i guess, its for my son..he's turning 14,I suppose it'd make more sense to get a 20gb one....?Does that help??:confused:

Well if he will be going online alot, which he may do, then he should get a Premium, for about €200, there are a number of places to get them.

Surprisingly Dunnes Stores sometimes does them cheap, as does Tesco.

If you shop around, you will be surprised what you may find :)

Didnt even think of those 2 places to get one now..Ill certainly take a look...Thanks for that halolma

no worries :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

can anyone confirm the places who got them premium editions? and exact price cheers

I got mine one from Dunnes in the Square few mths back it was €249.

I bought my Elite online though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

whats the tech differences for them all??? or why would i want a premium over an elite?
    where's the best place to buy at the moment? just want something to play gta4 on

the elite has the HDMI ports and the 120Gig hard drive!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

halolma wrote: »
    the elite has the HDMI ports and the 120Gig hard drive!
    The new premiums and possibly arcades come with HDMI connectivity aswell (it says HDMI on the box), although the premium doesnt come with a hdmi cable it does with a component one, also elite has 120gb hard disk and premium 20gb,

Nick

• Advertisement

And can someone explain HDMI please??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

a forum of scart lead for high def picture

High-Definition Multimedia Interface. USB-like digital video connectivity standard designed as a successor to DVI; can transmit both uncompressed digital audio and video signals; protected by HDCP digital copy protection.

Thanks redfan :) Ok so i dont think my fella would "need"that really...cant see why he would...so Ill just keep lookin for a good deal on it :D

a good online shop for games and that is shopto.net they are 20 quid cheaper than anywhere in Ireland! delivery is normally 48hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

ok lads there's a comparison of features here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360

Want/need to buy a premium today/tomorrow, and also gta4..... Any help on the best place and price???
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm also thinking of getting one, Xtra Vision have the premium (at least, I assume it's the premium) with GTAIV and Halo 3 for 299, I doubt that could be beat anywhere? Both, incidentally, the two games I'd be buying the console for...don't care for hdmi really, component is fine. Even if I got a cheap arcade (no hd) and bought those games separately it'd still come to 300...

Advertisement