Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to the future!

• 27-05-2008 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

This is just a general wonderment, it's not causing any particular issues (that I can see).

I PCAnywhere to a webserver from time to time to do some work. I can also map to this server. Now if I'm on PCA, I can see the time on the server is (currently) 12:02pm. If I copy a file from one place to another while on PCA, it copies correctly. However, if I then check my map in Explorer on my own machine, the timestamp of the new file is 13:02pm, ie an hour from now. The local time on my own PC is also 12:02pm. Anyone know what's causing the extra hour?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

daylight saving time ?
    double check time zone at both ends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

daylight saving time ?
    double check time zone at both ends
    Well they're in the same timezone, although the server doesn't have a checkbox beside the 'automatically adjust for daylight saving time' and my box does. However, they both have the same time. Is explorer seeing that the time on the mapped server isn't being adjusted and automatically adjusting it forwards because my box is? It makes no sense?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

guess you may need to tick the box and set the time on the server to local time

best to do it out of hours in case anyone uses time stamps

Advertisement