Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally, PROOF THAT GOD EXISTS!!

• 27-05-2008 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Yes thats right, a website I came across can prove that god exists in 8 easy steps!

http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/

Try it out for yourself, it's kind of in the format of a quiz, it'll just take a few minutes.

There is so much that is obscenely wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin.

Once again Christians show how stupidity and ignorance can be not-so-cleverly masqueraded behind the guise of logical thinking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I don't get it. All it did was bring me to Disney's website. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Galvasean wrote: »
    I don't get it. All it did was bring me to Disney's website. :confused:

i knew it! MICKEY MOUSE = GOD!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Standman wrote: »
    Once again a Christian shows how stupidity and ignorance can be not-so-cleverly masqueraded behind the guise of logical thinking.
    Suggested correction...
    Not sure too many Christians would endorse that line of logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I clicked that rape may be morally right and it no longer wants to prove to me that god exists.

I mustn't be worthy or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Dades wrote: »
    Suggested correction...
    Not sure too many Christians would endorse that line of logic.

It would be wrong to say "a Christian" in the same way I think it would be wrong to say "all Christians". Christians is plural, I have no reason to believe that whole webpage was set up by one Christian, therefore there's no need for correction.

Also, I ended up on that site after following a link in a video on godtube.com to this site: www.freewebs.com/asoldierofgod , which had a link to proofgodexists.org . Thats two Christian websites, one of which is very prominent, that are connected to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Those pages could do with a "none of the above" option here and there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

I have this odd preconception that goes something like this: if the Christian God existed - or any other God-ish entitly did - I wouldn't need to go to a website to read about it... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I clicked that rape may be morally right and it no longer wants to prove to me that god exists.

I mustn't be worthy or something.

The authorities have been informed!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

OMG I'M A BELIEVER! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, "Only in a universe governed by God can universal, immaterial, unchanging laws exist. Only in a universe governed by God can rational thinking be possible." - WTF? This has to be one of the most retarded things I've ever read. And I've been to 4chan. >.>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The authorities have been informed!

You haven't called god have you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I didn't get past question two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

I chose, on the first question, ''I don't care if absolute truth exists''. It then sent me to some disney site, are they trying to say I'm immature or something!

karen3212 wrote: »
    I chose, on the first question, ''I don't care if absolute truth exists''. It then sent me to some disney site, are they trying to say I'm immature or something!

Yea that is weird but I'm sure they have some daft reason behind it, same as the daft reasons they have behind everything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

karen3212 wrote: »

Maybe they were trying to make you care through torture ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I don't know a single Christian who would agree that quiz is proof god exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Refutation here for anyone who found this as annoying as I did. Not bothered double-posting it.

I wonder why the OP just stuck to posting in A&A and Chrisianity. If there were actually a proof of the existence of god, I'm sure all the other monotheists would like a look in. In fact, the proof didn't specify that there had to be one god. Wouldn't it be wonderful if a christian accidentally came up with a proof of Hinduism?

Ok, I'm done rambling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Funny quiz.:eek: There was only one right answer to every question. I ended up in an infinite loop - wouldn't let me proceed until I gave the answer it wanted.

I think it would only work on really gullible and silly people. I think that's who they were aiming for, and there are a lot of them out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It is my hope and prayer that you come to see the futility of trying find an abstract entity in nature, and return to seek the truth, otherwise your road to this site's proof that God exists ends here.
    kthxbye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

iUseVi wrote: »
    ...wouldn't let me proceed until I gave the answer it wanted.

So its traditional religious education without the slaps in the middle then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I don't know a single Christian who would agree that quiz is proof god exists.

That site proves that some idiot exists somewhere, and he has an internet connection. Not sure it proves much else. There's so much wrong with it you wouldn't know where to begin.
    iUseVi wrote: »
    Funny quiz.:eek: There was only one right answer to every question. I ended up in an infinite loop - wouldn't let me proceed until I gave the answer it wanted.

Yeah it basically just bullied you into giving the answers that it wanted! So I answered the questions as required and I'm now a believer apparently. My soul has been saved hallelujah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

aidan24326 wrote: »
    That site proves that some idiot exists somewhere, and he has an internet connection. Not sure it proves much else. There's so much wrong with it you wouldn't know where to begin.

Yeah it basically just bullied you into giving the answers that it wanted! So I answered the questions as required and I'm now a believer apparently. My soul has been saved hallelujah!

Hmmm, as long as I say I believe, it doesn't matter if I actually do... Amen.:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

zOMG I think I broke it!

Advertisement