Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Admission to ul

Options
  • 27-05-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Last year i attended U.L. doing New media and English but as i didnt like the course i dropped out. I reapplied this year in the hope that i get lucky with music tech or digital media design(I have over the points, but i am 1 grade short of the maths requirment, They also told me they would have let me transfer last year had i not applied so late) .

Anyway I got a letter from ul this morning with an application for re admission, Does anyone have a clue whats the story with this, it would seem that its going around the cao way of getting in, which is giving me more hope i could get my course next year..

Anyone out there have any experiance with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

if u dont have the points you need to get a 2.6 qca to transfer into the course but s you dropped out i dont know what they will do.

i think if you have the head of the course/ department on your side then you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

As i didnt do any exams up in ul my qca is ZERO, but after talking to the head of mmpt he said hed talk to the admissions board on my behalf(was meant to be doing a transfer last year but my advisor fooooked it up), Here we go with fingers crossed for it, Dcu be me backup plan but lets face it, Itl never be as good as ul.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Patricide wrote: »
    As i didnt do any exams up in ul my qca is ZERO, but after talking to the head of mmpt he said hed talk to the admissions board on my behalf(was meant to be doing a transfer last year but my advisor fooooked it up), Here we go with fingers crossed for it, Dcu be me backup plan but lets face it, Itl never be as good as ul.

this year at least the head of mmpt is a woman so double check who ur talkin to

if ur considerin dcu to do their digital media engineering course be aware it has a very different focus to uls mmpt or dmd

Yea sorry i meant women, I just had the image of the guy from the open day last yea stuck in me head but yea its deffo the right person.

Was actually considering doing computer applications in dcu, A very differnt course but its somthing else id have a pretty big intrest in so either way it beats staying in tralee another year. Fingers crossed for limerick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

PeakOutput wrote: »
    if u dont have the points you need to get a 2.6 qca to transfer into the course
    That's a not a requirement that they pay any attention to when it suits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

AFAIK - It's Riana Walsh u need to be talking, She's the head of mmpt!!!

Yea was talking to her alright. Everythings sorted now, handing in me letter and all that jazz so fingers crossed now!!

Advertisement