Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Know any of these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Gamerscore of 118811.....a serious amount of gaming time required for that!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sad bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That's crazy! I can't possibly imagine there are that many games worth playing! I wonder if those people have been using the gamesave cheat to improve their scores.... or maybe they just game non-stop.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

that top one 118811 hasn't any info or details in his account. doesn't even say games played or anything...

hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

The top Irish person is only ranked 217th in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

My game score is only like 500 odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

getting the achievments can be fun sometimes like the blowing up of 10 cars in 10 seconds in GTA4 but most of the time just not worth the effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Man do the GTA leaderboards im 15th that makes me so so very cool :rolleyes:

Honeslty though, I use to think the whole gamerscore thing was great since I hit 20000 I just realised its not worth it at all and it takes the fun out of gaming altogether! Instead of playing throguh a game and just enjoying it I end up playing through it trying to get all the little things like collecting items etc which is a real chore. If you really like the game get the points thats my new rule.

I really dont see those people having a life other than gaming and working if they have jobs that is.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

My view is if it's fun to get the achievement then go for it, if its a pain in the ass then whats the point? Gaming is supposed to be fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

know number 43

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mika27 wrote: »
    My view is if it's fun to get the achievement then go for it, if its a pain in the ass then whats the point? Gaming is supposed to be fun
    Agreed totally, I'd be like that aswell, I'd mostly "bother" getting achivements in sandbox games ie bully or gta, crackdown etc... They have some fun achivements... :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

number 29 is on my friends list and I know number 45. not really sad though. how? all they are doin is playin the games. achievements are great because they challenge you to do things in games you might not do otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I have number 13 and 18 on my friends list. They both just play loads of games and dont really go looking for the achievements. They are always buying the latest games every friday and have them nearly finished by saturday lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Yeah I agree. I never normally bothered with doing all the silly stunts or collecting tokens in games (eg Halo, Gears of War) but achievement points spurs me on.

It's a natural evolution of people wanting the highest score in Pac Man or Donkey Kong arcade machines. And it's nice to have a gaming record to compare with other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

It's a natural evolution of people wanting the highest score in Pac Man or Donkey Kong arcade machines. And it's nice to have a gaming record to compare with other people.
    Exactly, whats logical about playing a game over and over to get a high score. It's the sense of achievement which is fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

One of my friend's have nearly 60,000 gamerscore. He's a massive gamer. He doesn't work during the day, just does the bouncing at the weekends.

He has the highest possible MP level in COD4? He explained the ranking system to me one day but "in one ear, out the other" :)

EDIT: Went looking for him and he is number 11 in the list. 68194 is his current score. He's got 10,000 extra points in last two months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Number 9 is chrislad who posts here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

18 and 26 are on my friends list.

I am 108 with 32520 at the moment, thats just from 3 years of games and i tend to go out of my way to get Achievements that sound fun or challenging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

http://profile.mygamercard.net/JAPAN%20TOP

This Guy Has The Darkness Twice in His List!

Advertisement