Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aylesbury in Tallaght ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

77/77A is also a dodgy as fúck bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Moon_Eyes

Ta for tips but I only ever got the 77a it's not tha-at bad! Once you time them. Where do you get the 49'sss and then would it go the same way and would I get off the same place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The 49 goes through Terenure, Templeogue, Knocklyon, Ballycullen, Firhouse, and goes down the Old Bawn Rd from that direction. It passes by the Mill, then Ahernes I believe. I always found it to be a rather roundabout way of getting to Old Bawn, but it gets there eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Ahernes is a dump, it looks like it's shutdown from the outside. Molloys and the foxes covert are the same place. Never liked there either although the food ain't bad but can be a bit rough at night. The dragon is a grand little pub and definitely the best pint in Tallaght but does tend to attract auld fellas and wannabe auld fellas who are addicted to horse racing. The metro and the mill also do nice food, I haven't been to the speaker in a long time but the last time I was in it the decor looked like something from the stone age. Pubs in jobstown and Killinarden are best avoided, the penny black used to do great food but has gone very much downhill this year. If you don't mind a bit of a drive the blue gardenia does the best food of the lot and is a lovely pub - formally the Brittas inn located on the Blessington road. About 15 mins from the square.

But to answer your question, Kiltipper is nice but a lot of estates up there have management companies which you won't find in "old" Tallaght estates like Aylesbury.Kilnamanagh, Kingswood and Belgard have nice areas in them. Most of the older estates have grown up now and are lot quieter then they were in the 80s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Distance wise the 49 is the same as the 77a, however it goes along much better roads.

http://www.mkmap.com/Dublin Take a peek if you dont believe :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Will wrote: »
    77/77A is also a dodgy as fúck bus

Latter not as bad because it doesn't go to Fettercairn.

The 75 also goes past Ahearnes, if you're coming from that direction. It's pretty infrequent though. The 49 is probably the best bet for getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Interesting thread. I haven't tried the luas yet. It looks like it goes around the world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

The Luas is the new 77, forget about a seat if you get on after either terminal and expect a fair smattering of scumbags who get a great kick out of not buying tickets.

Advertisement