Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petrol in the autoport

• 27-05-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

i see most places are selling unleaded petrol for 1.26 per ltr, the autoport is currently selling it for 118.9 or something close to that, not sure how long its gonna last so fill up while its still cheap !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which one is that?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

on the cork road by the college

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Isnt that owned by the same owner of Esso and Pickardstown garrage in Tramore? Whose prices are the highest and are never cheaper then Waterford?

Pitty its not open late, I usually go to Tesco late at night to fill up!

Ditto, Tesco is 125.9 for unleaded. Ouch.

Cheers longshanks. I never use the Cork road these days so tend to forget whats down there. :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sm123_irl

Yep your right there Sully, fuel is bad never seem to get the same mileage out it compared to tesco petrol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

daftdave wrote: »
    i see most places are selling unleaded petrol for 1.26 per ltr, the autoport is currently selling it for 118.9 or something close to that, not sure how long its gonna last so fill up while its still cheap !

Its been 118.9 for over a week now in the Autoport so get it while its cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackbeard

yeah tesco is 125.9 but they are doing the 5 cent of per litre again once u spend €50 in the shop which brings it down a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Was over at the Internet cafe there at the park and noticed that the garage there was selling petrol for 120.? that was about 6:30 yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Sully wrote: »
    Isnt that owned by the same owner of Esso and Pickardstown garrage in Tramore? Whose prices are the highest and are never cheaper then Waterford?

Pitty its not open late, I usually go to Tesco late at night to fill up!
    its no longer an esso sully if you drive by there just take a look there aint an esso sign in sight on any of his garages and the tankers that deliver are unmarked no esso in sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Filled up in the Autoport this morning. It was still 118.9 there and I think it was 128.9 a few hundred metres up the road.
    Cheers for the heads up DD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

its no longer an esso sully if you drive by there just take a look there aint an esso sign in sight on any of his garages and the tankers that deliver are unmarked no esso in sight

Esso is still in Tramore? I saw the big Esso sign not so long ago? At least, I think I did. But saying that, I didn't see an Esso tanker fill it up. Some local company whose name I never heard of before.

Pickardstown was Maxol but isn't any more.

<snip - removed quote>

cdy35; Can you back that up? If not, please remove your post as your in breach of the forum charter. Thanks. :)

Jebus Sully just edit it!

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

<snip - removed quote>

Thats a very serious allegation there cdy35, I hope you can back it up with facts. There disel price is over the 1.30p/l now and petrol is still 120.9. I have been using the petrol out there for the last 3 months at this stage and I have not noticed and difference in preformance or milage compared to other previous garages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Upthedeise07

Was up there today and they are not selling petrol or diesel anymore!!:mad:

I dont think they are closing, I just think they ran out of fuel.. :)

Esso is still in Tramore? I saw the big Esso sign not so long ago? At least, I think I did. But saying that, I didn't see an Esso tanker fill it up. Some local company whose name I never heard of before.

Pickardstown was Maxol but isn't any more.
    i,m tellin ya bud have a look at it when your driving home and there aint a single esso sign in sight just the red surround and thats it!!! i,ve seen euro fuels tankers filling them up

I was in Tramore last monday and spotted the lack of signs, the ESSO colour scheme is still on the forecourt.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

i,m tellin ya bud have a look at it when your driving home and there aint a single esso sign in sight just the red surround and thats it!!! i,ve seen euro fuels tankers filling them up

This is true, Tommy Farrell pulled out from all the franchises he was part of (Maxol, Esso)

What were the allegations that cdy35 was posting? If they're what I think they are, I will be able to back them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

as far as i know, the car garage is owned by same guy as expensive tramore petrol but he dosent own the autoport petrol station part.

i get great milege out of the autoport petrol , and i do a good bit of driving.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Was up there today and they are not selling petrol or diesel anymore!!:mad:

They were just out, their def not closing, shame too as was just back from Cork yesterday and wanted to fill up only to find them out so had to go to place down by the park instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Is the place by the park still 1.20.. The only thing about the AutoPort that cheesed me off was they were closed after work, when I drove out their purposely. Ended up going to that Amber Garage near the WSC, I think the were still cheaper than Tesco though.

Is the place by the park still 1.20.. The only thing about the AutoPort that cheesed me off was they were closed after work, when I drove out their purposely. Ended up going to that Amber Garage near the WSC, I think the were still cheaper than Tesco though.

Nope, around the same as Tesco I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cdy35

I got it on very good authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You got what on very good authority?

Maybe Sully might put back up the comment if proof is available, however, I'm not too sure as it is quite a serious allegation.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Maybe Sully might put back up the comment if proof is available, however, I'm not too sure as it is quite a serious allegation.

If I get proof, then ill discuss it with the admins and see what to do. The "Good Authority" doesn't wash when it comes to arguments like this. Its a very serious allegation to be making and could land Boards.ie in very hot water if it was left be. Surely, if it is true, someone should report it to the appropriate authorities?

The "Good Authority" doesn't wash when it comes to arguments like this. Its a very serious allegation to be making and could land Boards.ie in very hot water if it was left be. Surely, if it is true, someone should report it to the appropriate authorities?

I was also thinking the same, for that to be going on, they would be leaving themselves open to massive repercussions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

cdy35 wrote: »
    I got it on very good authority.
    Wll you PM it to me please

There was a massive queue going on to the Cork Road when I was out there filling up earlier

• Advertisement

Wll you PM it to me please

There was a massive queue going on to the Cork Road when I was out there filling up earlier
    what was the allegation??? pm to me too but i,d say i know what is goin to be said

Advertisement