Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petrol in the autoport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah will someone pm me those allemagations too?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lets put this to bed now, either someone comes up with proof that their selling lower quality Petrol and Diesel or shut up about it. The whole town is using this petrol station to fill up their cars over the last few weeks and I for one have not heard one person complaining about the quality of fuel they are getting out there.

Lets be clear about another thing, What happened with the previous owners of the petrol station is absolutely nothing to do with the people running this petrol station. The cars sales and the petrol are run totally separate and are owned by two separate owners. The car sales have their own pump over at the gate to the back of the premises for their use only.

And finally before anyone accuses me of working there or having any sort of relationship with the owners I don't. I live a hell of a lot of people from our city am just purchasing my petrol there because it the cheapest around.

We go on about constantly been ripped off in this country, but when someone goes out and does something different to their competitors, they are accused of doing something inappropriate. Come on people, they people need to be congratulated and supported not knocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Here here !

Just to add, i've run my car on autoport petrol for the last 6000 miles or so and have no bother with it. ( I do far too much mileage )

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Lets put this to bed now, either someone comes up with proof that their selling lower quality Petrol and Diesel or shut up about it. The whole town is using this petrol station to fill up their cars over the last few weeks and I for one have not heard one person complaining about the quality of fuel they are getting out there.

Lets be clear about another thing, What happened with the previous owners of the petrol station is absolutely nothing to do with the people running this petrol station. The cars sales and the petrol are run totally separate and are owned by two separate owners. The car sales have their own pump over at the gate to the back of the premises for their use only.

And finally before anyone accuses me of working there or having any sort of relationship with the owners I don't. I live a hell of a lot of people from our city am just purchasing my petrol there because it the cheapest around.

We go on about constantly been ripped off in this country, but when someone goes out and does something different to their competitors, they are accused of doing something inappropriate. Come on people, they people need to be congratulated and supported not knocked.

Good post :) Agreed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Agree fully with Aquos76's postm, anyone looking for info regarding this via PM is onyl stiring **** and is only helping to spread rumors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Cabaal wrote: »
    Agree fully with Aquos76's postm, anyone looking for info regarding this via PM is onyl stiring **** and is only helping to spread rumors.
    Is this board not about stirring sh1t and spreading rumours?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Is this board not about stirring sh1t and spreading rumours?

no its not, only some of the people that post on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

I've been getting petrol/diesel mainly in Autoport for a few years now, cant fault it, more places need to take their lead I think (unbranded = lower price).

Tesco have done a fantastic marketing job in convincing people that they're always the cheapest around...WRONG!

wellbutty wrote: »
    I've been getting petrol/diesel mainly in Autoport for a few years now, cant fault it, more places need to take their lead I think (unbranded = lower price).

Tesco have done a fantastic marketing job in convincing people that they're always the cheapest around...WRONG!

Station down by the park is also unbranded, Tesco work out cheap if you knock 5c of each litre with their current spend 50e and get 5c of each litre offer....otherwise their cheaper then others but not the cheapest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i wasn't looking to spread any rumour, nor did i start any rumour. its near where i live and i use it on occasion, thats why i asked. and for what its worth i fully agree with what aquos76 posted. i'd hope that some other petrol stations would take notice and maybe follow the autoports lead.

• Advertisement

Cheapest petrol in the country last week according to the Will Leahy show on 2FM

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Station down by the park is also unbranded, Tesco work out cheap if you knock 5c of each litre with their current spend 50e and get 5c of each litre offer....otherwise their cheaper then others but not the cheapest

The station down by the park is still expensive. Its barley cheaper then Tesco and yes with the Tesco offer if you spend over 50e it works out cheaper and just under the autoport.

Tesco have always been one of the cheapest stations in Waterford but as of late have became pretty expensive but still cheaper then Statoil. Which, iirc,

Id love to know how the autoport have held onto such cheap prices, and why others cant take a leaf out of their book.

Sully wrote: »
    The station down by the park is still expensive. Its barley cheaper then Tesco and yes with the Tesco offer if you spend over 50e it works out cheaper and just under the autoport.

Tesco have always been one of the cheapest stations in Waterford but as of late have became pretty expensive but still cheaper then Statoil. Which, iirc,

Id love to know how the autoport have held onto such cheap prices, and why others cant take a leaf out of their book.

Isnt tesco 127.9 before the 5c discount bringing it down to 122.9 compared to 120.9 out in the Autoport

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Isnt tesco 127.9 before the 5c discount bringing it down to 122.9 compared to 120.9 out in the Autoport

Sorry I phrased that wrong. I meant to say that Teco is only slightly more expensive the the Autoport when the discount is applied!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

afaik i think its the fella that owns ardfinnan oil that has the autoport,the park service station and the redbridge service station in newrath so thats more than likely why he,s able to have the prices so low as he,s a distributor so he aint losing money

afaik i think its the fella that owns ardfinnan oil that has the autoport,the park service station and the redbridge service station in newrath so thats more than likely why he,s able to have the prices so low as he,s a distributor so he aint losing money

The Park Service station has never been that cheap. Its often been more expensive then Tesco, and is only 2c cheaper now (without the Tesco discount). Why would one station be cheap and the other more expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sorry to slightly derail the thread lads but I was just wondering what diesel is going at roughly per litre around the city at the moment (trying to brace myself for when I get home, I fill the car over here for a tenner at the moment).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

€1.39 a litre or thereabouts.

kensutz wrote: »
    €1.39 a litre or thereabouts.

ouch, I know it'll get more mpg generally speaking but thats pretty expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I think I actually saw it going for 140.9 somewhere last night

• Advertisement

Is it not owned by Tommy Farrell anymore no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ah jesus, I drive a 2.5 L diesel ;_;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

€1.44.9 out in the maxoil out the dunmore road. and that was last week so it's probably gone up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

That maxol place on the Dunmore road is daylight feckin robbery ! We get all our company fuel there, it hurts to be giving them money when it's 10cent cheaper down the road.

Maybe a few places get company fuel there then? They probably think drivers will go there anyway if the money isnt coming out of their own pockets. There is a place on the quays in Dublin where petrol a few weeks ago was 172.9 because of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

This might be a bit ridiculous of me but where's this autoport? And is it called Autoport or something? Never heard of it! If I'm guessing right, it's that which used to be Esso by the Holy Ghost House and Woodies etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It's the petrol station nearest WIT, just across the road from it at the top of Ballybeg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its just before the junction for the industrial estate as you go out the Cork road. It used to be an ESSO station.

Mike.

Price is now 123.9 to get petrol in the Autoport.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Price is now 123.9 to get petrol in the Autoport.

Yeah, I also noticed that today, still cheaper that all other garages around but 1c dearer than the 5c off offer currently available in Tescos after a €50 spend on shopping.

Advertisement