Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petrol in the autoport

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yeah, I also noticed that today, still cheaper that all other garages around but 1c dearer than the 5c off offer currently available in Tescos after a €50 spend on shopping.

Yup.. was going to pop in and get petrol, but the gf has a voucher for Tesco so ill just use that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Is it not owned by Tommy Farrell anymore no?
    he does but there leased out afaik!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Well if he was advertised on 2FM like someone said as the cheapest in the country imagine this is free advertising and something people would take notice of getting the owner more businness meaning he can keep prices down?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

pp_me129 wrote: »
    Well if he was advertised on 2FM like someone said as the cheapest in the country imagine this is free advertising and something people would take notice of getting the owner more businness meaning he can keep prices down?

I would highly doubt it was done as in the owners contacted the station. Im going to make a guess and say there was a conversation about petrol prices, or somehow petrol came up. There are hundereds of websites comparing prices...

Besides, its only going to get him Deise folk. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Sully wrote: »
    I would highly doubt it was done as in the owners contacted the station. Im going to make a guess and say there was a conversation about petrol prices, or somehow petrol came up. There are hundereds of websites comparing prices...

Besides, its only going to get him Deise folk. :)

yeahh thats what i ment....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump! I'll need to fill up in the next day or two, so who is the cheapest right now?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

mike65 wrote: »
    Bump! I'll need to fill up in the next day or two, so who is the cheapest right now?

Mike.

last time i looked the autoport was 125.9

still the cheapest afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

would it be a good idea on the back of this thread to post a new thread on where in waterford the cheapest petrol is, posters could update it with their info each day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Tesco Ardkeen 126.9.

would it be a good idea on the back of this thread to post a new thread on where in waterford the cheapest petrol is, posters could update it with their info each day?

More then welcome to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

tesco is 129.9 last i looked and autoport is 125.9 and the petrol is good does me for ages..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers, I see if I can coax the car to the Cork rd on fumes! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Always fill up there and it doesnt have the crazy queues like in Tesco

tesco is 129.9 last i looked and autoport is 125.9 and the petrol is good does me for ages..

Unless it went up, and I think it didnt, it was at 128.9 the other day. Id say it will go down and not up (I think the price of fuel dropped recently, as a lot of stations have dropped the price by a cent - funny, if the price goes up they rockett up but if it goes down they climb down slowly!)

Advertisement