Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trial Hole Question

• 27-05-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

I've recently submitted my 2nd application to the council and am wondering do I need to leave the trial hole in the field open for a further 8 weeks.
    On the first submission the services/percolation was neither approved or rejected as such.
    Just noted the soil suitability test results which were pass and fail and my plans to install a proprietary wastewater treatment system.
    My engineer reckons fill it in, however I wanna be 100% in case I have to hire a digger out again!!
    I think he may be thinking "don't give them any more options to fail you!"

Is it best to leave it open just in case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

kormak wrote: »
    I've recently submitted my 2nd application to the council and am wondering do I need to leave the trial hole in the field open for a further 8 weeks.
    On the first submission the services/percolation was neither approved or rejected as such.
    Just noted the soil suitability test results which were pass and fail and my plans to install a proprietary wastewater treatment system.
    My engineer reckons fill it in, however I wanna be 100% in case I have to hire a digger out again!!
    I think he may be thinking "don't give them any more options to fail you!"

Is it best to leave it open just in case?

I was advised by my planning agent that the trial hole was to be left open for the duration of the planning process... Whether this is a requirement or for expediency I'm not sure... I can assure you however if the planners need to do another soil test, the fact that you have filled in the trial hole, and it will be a nuisance to open it again, will not dissuade them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Leave it open. You have nothing to hide. Fence off hole if required, to prevent Cattle etc falling in. Whats the "rush" to fill it in? At least the Council will have inspected it at least once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whitestew

depends on what your soil is like. we were advised to close ours straight away as after 3 weeks of dry weather the hole was still full of water.

Advertisement