Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isolation cabinets???

Options
  • 27-05-2008 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I have been thinking lately about building my own basic isolation cabinet. Nothing fancy. Basically my amp in an enclosure so i could whack up the level. Has anyone done anything along these lines and have any tips for me?? I really can't be spending too much money so i would appreciate tips moreso than anything else. Cheers everyone :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Daniel Lanois has used wardrobes for this. There are commercially available models out there and a rake of info on self builds on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Was looking into these myself. use the search function

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I've a 30ft Speaker cable and I use screens and arm charis and duvets etc.

What sort of amp is it? I'd be concerned about putting a combo into something like that, what with the heat an all like. They had an amp trap in a place in London a few years back, I guess it was about 16" taller and wider than a 4x12" on the inside and about 6 feet deep. Nice for a big studio..

You don't always need to have the amp up really loud. You could try a power soak.

Get one of these http://www.radialeng.com/di-xamp.htm

Advertisement