Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for Anniversary present (40th)???

Options
  • 27-05-2008 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Does anyone have any ideas on what to get a couple for their 40th wedding anniversary?? My (soon-to-be) in-laws are celebrating theirs soon and I'd like to get them something nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Nothing 'ornamenty'. after 40 years together they probably have a house full of crap. What are they into ? If they like gardening howabout a rose bush or plant or tree with some significance. 40 years is a ruby anniversary, there are lots of roses with ruby in the title. Or maybe something potted like a bay tree for outside their hall door. Have a chat with your local garden centre.
    I bought an original framed photo from a local professional photographer for an anniversary present and they were thrilled with it. There are loads of them in the Golden Pages, the one I used was Simon Archer from Portmarnock. He has some great shots of Howth/Malahide etc. You can get some really 'arty' ones of Dublin City.
    If they are into wine, you could get a vintage bottle from 1968, although they might be very expensive. Have a look here
    http://www.vintagewinegifts.co.uk/acatalog/40th_Anniversary_Gifts.html
    Just a couple of ideas, hope they help.

Advertisement