Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citrix Certification Question

Options
  • 27-05-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

I'm looking to formalize my citrix knowledge (which isn;t vast, but i can get by) i know Citrix have change the CCA exams recently.

What is the most common (not easiest) path to take for a CCA cert ?

Looking at the Citrix Website its looking like CCA for XenApp (Presentation Server 4).

Also, any advice on reading/practical material.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ocallaghanpaddy

Contact Datasolutions (www.datasolutions.ie). David O'Tool is the most capable CCI (Citrix instructor) in Ireland. You will need to sit the Pres Server 4.5 course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Hi paul,

I recently got my CCA in 4.5. I use 4.0 in work but best to keep up to date eh? :)

despite what you have been told, in order to obtain the CCA you do not need to sit a course, you need to pass 1y0-259 (4.5) or 258 (4.0), and an additional webcourse ($100 for silly questions and a 2 hour web sales pitch).

the cbt nuggets video's for citrix are excellent for 4.0, you could either pay for them or find them from another source. nothing beats a VMware domain and a citrix farm for sure coverage :)

Advertisement