Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motor home show in Roscommon?

• 27-05-2008 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Is there a motor home show coming up soon in Roscommon or any where else in the county. We're thinking of upgrading and havent a clue what to go for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi - the Motorcaravan club is having a show - as far as I know.

Check out their website for details - http://www.motorcaravanclub.net/rallies.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I believe that around five of the dealers will be there and there will be a few accessory shops too. Open Sat/Sun 12-6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭derden

Can you camp in the racecourse? do you need to book in advance?

Advanced booking was required for overnight stay and open to Motorcaravan club members. I think booking closed last Friday, Wild camping in the localility may be an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 muttsnutts1

we have to say it was brilliant, well organized, even electricity to 90 campers, the show was good there were 8 dealers there and the accessory marquee was good. Nowhere as big as the shows in the UK but far better organized. The night security was excellent people could sleep peacefully. Ill go again next year if the hold it again
    Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Anyone out there a member of the motorcaravanclub? I've looked at they site a few times and cant see any info on what "you get" for your 70euro fee,it seems a huge fee to pay...:rolleyes:

There's quiet a few comments (both positive and negative) on this form going back a while. For your membership, insurance works out a bit cheaper through Richardson's insurance. They offer a breakdown policy through Mondial, 'not sure if it's available through other clubs...and they offer good phone support & assistance available office hours. The annual event traditionally well organised with marquee, music and very good trade show.
    Not sure if this is of any use to you, hope it doesn't spark off another round of criticsm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

stapeler wrote: »
    ... Hope It Doesn't Spark Off Another Round Of Criticsm.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

thanks stapeler,I think i might be interested just to avail of the breakdown cover,I'm having problems finding good cover for European trips...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

Great European cover with RAC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

You also get an organisation dedicated to protecting and improving life for motorcaravanners. Without the massive effort of clubs over the years you would still be paying through the nose for motor tax, insurance, road tolls and import duties.

Advertisement