Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small prob with bt landlind & eircom 7000 handset.

Options
  • 27-05-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am having small prob in that all incoming calls are displaying as unknown even if saved in memory. It's an eircom 7000 handset. It's really bugging me as you like to know who calling.

Have tried bt, eircom & messing around with handset.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I take it the people calling you aren't blocking their numbers?

Do you need to enter any info into the phone (area code and the like)? Needed to do this on the landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It could be a faulty handset with a problem with its Caller ID module.

I'd suggest that you plug a different caller ID phone into the line and see if that displays the number correctly. If it does, you need to return the eircom branded phone to eircom and get it replaced.

It's quite unlikely it's a problem with your phone line. It's not very easy to disrupt caller ID.

Also, BT use eircom's voice exchanges to provide your landline service, they're a 'carrier preselect' service i.e. the eircom exchange routes your voice traffic over BT's network rather than over eircom.
    The caller ID info is still sent to you by the eircom exchange, so it's unlikely to be a BT issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Thanks all - gave up and bought new handset and all good now.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Hi all,

Since first posted I've been onto BT at least 6 times and they still have not fixed the problem. Is this enough to break my contract with BT cos there F@@KING useless!

Advertisement