Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Opeth, Watershed, Opinions?

• 27-05-2008 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

given that i was very skeptical about this album, i decided i probably wouldt buy it purely on the grounds that its Opeth, so i set myself to listening to it in advance of the release date.
    i am so glad i did. come June 3rd i shall be down in Sound Cellar picking up a copy. i ****ing love this album.

i havent decided how it rates yet on my list of favourite Opeth albums, but itll probably be near the top. its quite possibly the proggiest thing they've ever released, which is always appealing to me, and Heir Apparent is ****ing brutal.

its a huge improvement on GR, tho i wont say its a return to form, as its quite different. im really interested in seeing how other fans react to the change, as it were. opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I got Lotus Eater of road runner records site and I must say I'm very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

It's very good but it's no Still Life imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've only heard two tracks but was quite impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I've only heard Lotus Eater and Porcelein Heart. Wasnt mad about Lotus Eater at first but its growing on me.

Cant wait to get the album.Have the special edition ordered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Waiting for my special edition, won't be bothering with any advance mp3s or leaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Yay, I got the special edition on Saturday.
    Well impressed and surprised that its quite mellow.
    Cant stop listening though.
    Roll on Novermber!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey whats up everyone. new guy here. I love Opeth. Heir Apparent is a great track. Defo gonna get their new album Watershed. Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

hmmm never have listened to Opeth before but I really like Porcelain Heart and the Lotus Eater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Heard the two tracks that were leaked, even less engaging than GR. Akerfeldt indulging his prog-rock wankery in extremis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Have posted it in G&E, but Opeth playing Vicar Street in November:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Looking on the IRMA charts Watershed is there at 59.
    How many copies would this actually be?

I remember when Metallicas black album went well in the charts, in one way I was delighted they got real chart recognition and in another way I was kind of peed off as I thought every eejit would be listening to them.

Or is it just that when we love a band from when they start and when they start to get recognition we get all pissy about it as all the "young wans" are wearing their t shirts?

Or is it just the fact i have drank 10 bottles of Miller and am talking ****e?

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! Argh,I want it!

Cant wait to see them in Vicar Street again. Saw them in 06 and it was brilliant.
    Nea wrote: »
    Or is it just that when we love a band from when they start and when they start to get recognition we get all pissy about it as all the "young wans" are wearing their t shirts?

Yeah I'm like that,the same with loads of stuff. Like if your a fan of a book or something and then a movie comes out and everyone is talking about it. I'm always thinking, "I liked it before it was "Cool" :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

For anyone that hasn't heard some of the album, here is the mp3 for the Locus Eater from Roadrunner:
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/shared/downloads/Opeth/Opeth-TheLotusEater.mp3

Got it yesterday. Am really liking it, its quite different to their other stuff.

Its quite mellow alright and I'm enjoying the mellow stuff on this album more than on their others, songs are a lot shorter too. Its definitely a step in a new direction. Keyboard sin Burden rock :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Got it yesterday. Am really liking it, its quite different to their other stuff.

Its quite mellow alright and I'm enjoying the mellow stuff on this album more than on their others, songs are a lot shorter too. Its definitely a step in a new direction. Keyboard sin Burden rock :D

Nice one Dr.Poca that's what I want to hear. Looking forward into getting myself. Been reading good things about it. On the road now promoting it now as we speak. Opeth and the new Disturbed album, Indestructible on my shopping list. :D

Advertisement