Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facia adapter for Toyota landcruiser LC3

Options
  • 27-05-2008 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I am looking to fit an aftermarket stereo into my 08 landcruiser as the stock item is a pretty grim affair. Searched the net and have had no success. Its an english LC3 model, so the facia is slighty different than the Irish model. Any ideas???

3d_T_1645-.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

facia is the same as the Irish 03-07 model, our Land Cruisers only got the flush fitting 6 disc changer stereo lately.

There is an adaptor available for the Land Cruiser to adapt it to Single DIN or Double DIN size. (the existing aperture is slightly bigger than double DIN)

Toyota dealers can supply them AFAIK, if not, then Cartronics in Santry can definately get them.

01 8623644 or info@cartronics.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jamesag

Thanks a million Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i had a dvd player put into mine

cartronics couldn't help as according to them, suitable adapters have not been made yet and they only sell third party adapters. Toyota also could not help as they could only offer facia blank plates. any other ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Boy racer style!! carbon fibre (faux) sheet cut to fit:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

I used an aftermarket fascia adptor for a Rav 4, to fit a Sony head unit in my 04. It's not the tightest fit but is ok.

Sorry to be a pain but any chance of a pic and what year of rav 4 adapter did you get? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the (old) Rav4 and the Cruiser have the same size opening, and in some cases (UK spec) the same headunits which are wider than double DIN.

I'm 99% sure that this Rav4 specific adaptor will do the job for your setup.

k763.jpg

http://www.a1caraudio.co.uk/toyota-facia-adaptor-p-651.html

Rav4 dash:
    890611_20080117110101_11.jpg

your dash:
    3d_T_1645-.jpg

Advertisement