Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garage issues

Options
  • 27-05-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Back ground.

My wok jeep a 2000 nivara kingcab started over heating a couple of months back. I dropped her into my mechanic and left it with him. He called a day later to say the head gasket had gone. Great me thinks, there is €1200.00 gone!

So I give the go ahead and in the mean time he gave me a lend of his jeep. After a week I got mine back and paid half the money owed, with the balance to be paid over a few weeks.

2 days after having her back I saw that I was losing water again. Back into garage, and left with him again for a few days. I was told that the rad was blocked and that was stopping the ststem from flowing. BTW it didn't over heat once.

A week later the same again. I lifted the bonett and the plasic overflow tank was bubling away. I left to cood down and then had to top up with 3/4 ltr of water.

I called him and said what was going on, and he said he'll need to take it back again.

Of cource by this time he has had the head of 3 times, and is wanting the rest of the money. But on the othe rhand I am needing a jeep for work that I can rely on.

Now in fairness he has said that all work so far is covered on the original quote of €1200.00 but my worry is if I pay the balance, he could just turn round and say that he can't do any more with it, and good luck.

So that'll be me down €1200 and still left with a jeep that is ill.

The guys really nice and easy going, so I don't want to be getting into rows.

The final straw was that he was to take the jeep in on saterday jut gone. I dropped it down and left the key as he wasn't there. I couldn't get hold of him all weekend, so got a lift down yesterday. The jeep hadn't been looked at nor had he been at the lock up.

Just don't know wheather to just go to another garage and say to my guy that the 700 I paid is all I'll be paying as the work was never complete. But that sounds unfair as he's spent a fair bit of time on it.

Any thoughts on either what to do, or what the problem may be?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You should only pay the full amount when the fix is done properly. If its not fixed then don't pay the full fee.

Advertisement