Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal situation with estate

Options
  • 27-05-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We moved into a new estate a few years back and we are having a hard time with the developer.
    Its hos job to maintain the estate. This was confirmed by the county council. The problem is that he doesn't maintain it really.
    He said he'd put down speed ramps and never did, he said he'd build a path way through the green and never did.
    And worst of all he comes once in a blue moon to do the common green areas so the estate looks shabby a lot of the time. We could do it ourselves but the greens are large and I don't see why we should have to use our own lawnmowers and dispose of grass etc when its his bloody job.

Anyway I was hoping someone could fill me in on what recourse we have if any to make him do his job.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Why has'nt it been handed over to management company or council? I'd be worried because friends were in similar situation and builder ended up building more houses on the green areas which were not on original plans for the estates but the council had increased the allowed densities and he applied and succeeded in getting planning. The developers and councils screw those buying in Ireland, dodgy planning, corrupt planning, inadequete provision of council services to new estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Not sure...apparently developer said it would be handed over to a management company next year.
    As for management companies...how exactly do they work ?

As for current siutation...any ideas on what I should do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

First thing you should do is form a residents association and elect a comittee etc..

You have a few options then, you could ask the county council to take over the upkeep of the estate. The rules for this vary from council to council and alot will have to do if building work is finished on the estate. Some councils will take over the running of estates on a phase by phase basis.

The other option is to ask for a donation from each house of x euro per year and engage a contractor to maintain the common areas. This isn't an ideal situation but it should be feasible.

Advertisement