Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on getting a parcel to the USA asap.

Options
  • 27-05-2008 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi

Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum but anyways here goes:

My dilemma is, tomorrow is wednesday and I need to get a small
    parcel to the west coast of the USA asap. Ideally before saturday, i've no idea whether it's possible, i know if I send by normal mail it won't arrive for up to ten days, maybe more.

Have I got any chance of it getting delivered by a courier service like DHL / UPS etc?

And if so,(here comes the dumb questions)
    how do you go about it and is it expensive??

would appreciate any advice,
    thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Any of the main couriers should be able to get it there for Friday.... the cost will be expensive though....

most give quotes and pick up points on their website , so google dhl,ups..etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

FedEx is probably your best bet. Failing that, DHL and UPS would be worth checking.

Sometimes it actually works out cheaper than using AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

an post also offer a courier post product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

DHL/UPS/Fedex all do 2 day delivery (and some next-day), but at a premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Fed-ex will do guaranteed next day delivery to the US. We have used them a lot recently. Granted its expensive. Think it cost us roughly €300 to send 3 large boxes two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

cgarvey wrote: »
    DHL/UPS/Fedex all do 2 day delivery (and some next-day), but at a premium.

I shipped stuff to Cyprus before with DHL paying extra for the quoted 2-day delivery, took about 4. The small print says they don't guarantee 2 days. So check the small print before you pick a courier if time is vital.

Advertisement