Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Cristiano Ronaldo?

Options
  • 27-05-2008 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Did ye hear i-radio (the station that says the C-word and where people shout at each other) last night when the sports reader grainne mcmahon called Nadal the tennis player Naddle and then couldn't say Cristiano Ronaldo. forcing the deejay to say 'for fecks sake Grainne its cristiano ronaldo, everyone knows that. Twas gas. She was singing after reading the news for the past few weeks, even when there were serious death-related stories, so maybe that's why she never heard of the god Ronaldo? Puts the cause of us sports-loving gals back decades.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sport-loving, or Ronaldo-loving? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sandybee

both of course. but it sounded feckn desperate. twas like a cat trying to get up a furball. That station is gone way out of control it seems. it's like someone locked up a group of kids and said do what ye like now. No bosses i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

If only I could follow sports and block out that tit....his little pouts and playing to the cameras set the male gender and the game of soccer back generations

He did have a good season but he is no way the best...no way!

He's a wanker alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

do they really use the C word? that's just rude

• Advertisement

I and my gender thank you for your honesty, now all we need are women to tell him to his face so he'll stop it. Then again he could just be 'flamboyant' we know he likes seeing man sausage cus he's big into his orgys....

anyways screw him onto the next sexy person of sports. Jennie Finch! YOWZA!jenazlayout.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

That station is quality.
    If you dont like cursing then dont listen to it, but tbh no matter where you go you will hear people cursing anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

That radio station is awful. Just.... UGH. I can't even put it into words. And that stupid leprechaun gag....At work, it was the only radio station I could tune into. I turned it off after 5 mins. Much rather the lonely silence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

They use the Seaward_cup.jpg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

DRakE wrote: »
    They use the Seaward_cup.jpg ?
    Desperate stuff altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I and my gender thank you for your honesty, now all we need are women to tell him to his face so he'll stop it. Then again he could just be 'flamboyant' we know he likes seeing man sausage cus he's big into his orgys....

anyways screw him onto the next sexy person of sports. Jennie Finch! YOWZA!jenazlayout.jpg

Not a patch on American pole vaulter Allison Stokke
    Picture%2014(53).png

I'm in-debted to you eternally kevmy...thank you!

Only Joe Pesci and Tony Soprano can get away with using the c word. Not some useless self-opinionated fools trying to shock their way into publicity.
    Had great expectations for iradio but it is gone from worse to worse, They should keep the music tho as it's brill, but just get rid of the presenters and readers as they are woeful. But the music is very brill.
    It is embarrassing how they plug the station as the home of hector and tommy after each news bulletin. I love tommy. hector is an overrated fool hanging on tommy's coattails, but even tommy is letting himself down doing that show. it is so unfunny. and even the jingles they use to promo it aren't funny, which means that if they can't even find anything funny to use, it must be bad.
    The news reading is terrible and the sports reader lorita seems to deliberately pause and put an ahmn in between words so as to make it sound like she's not reading it. I assume that's what she's doing anyway. Did i say the music is brill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I'm in-debted to you eternally kevmy...thank you!

Just make sure you remember that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

"hector is an overrated fool hanging on tommy's coattails"

No Way!! I would have thought so with actually listening but hector comes across as being unreal witty, intelligent and funny as and really knows his music.
    If anything it's the other way around on the show.
    When you don't have to look at him jumpin all over the place hector is a great presenter imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

booooonzo wrote: »
    "hector is an overrated fool hanging on tommy's coattails"

No Way!! I would have thought so with actually listening but hector comes across as being unreal witty, intelligent and funny as and really knows his music.
    If anything it's the other way around on the show.
    hector is a great presenter imo.

I'd agree with that. I think that Tommy Tiernan is a great comedian and I find him very entertaining, but that is hardly the same thing as presenting a radio show.

Hector does seem much better suited to it. Tommy can rehearse and give people the illusion of him being interesting but Hector seems to be able to naturally do that anyways... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

no one watches arrested development :(

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Fracture wrote: »
    That station is quality.
    If you dont like cursing then dont listen to it, but tbh no matter where you go you will hear people cursing anyway.

It's a load of sh!te...Radio for Bebo kids. I'd be surprised if anyone over the age of 15 listens to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭megadodge

By saying "the 'C' word" do you mean - 'Commitment' ?

UUgghhhhh !!!

Gotta wash out my mouth !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

sandybee wrote: »
    and even the jingles they use to promo it aren't funny, which means that if they can't even find anything funny to use, it must be bad.

Quick Hire Charlie Harper from 2 and a half men! Jingle all the way!:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement