Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloom in the Park

Options
  • 27-05-2008 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Anyone from Boards going to Bloom on Saturday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Zaph wrote: »
    What is it?
    Its a massive garden/home/food show. Took place last year for the first time on a smaller scale. Loads of mini gardens on show, stuff for sale, music in a giant tent. The weather was atrocious last year and they still got about 50,000 people. ou wont be able to drive through the park anyway while its on,although the new shuttlebus will be running. Even if you are not into gardens theres loads of other stuff.

Where's it on, Phoenix Park or somewhere local? Gardening and stuff isn't really my thing, so doubt I'll be going, but if you have any more info or links feel free to post them as there might be others interested.

www.bloominthepark.com You like food, you like girls or boys? There will be lots of them :D .If the weather is nice it will be a bonus. Im sure you may even be able to buy a beer or two!

www.bloominthepark.com You like food, you like girls or boys? There will be lots of them :D .If the weather is nice it will be a bonus. Im sure you may even be able to buy a beer or two!

Food, beer and girls good. Boys, I'm a little less keen on, but that's probably just my repressed Catholic upbringing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Got free tickets last year but I would not pay into that.
    I think it was around €20 to get in. Poeple then selling the same plants up the road for between 1/2 and 1/3 cheaper.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Got free tickets last year but I would not pay into that.
    I think it was around €20 to get in. Poeple then selling the same plants up the road for between 1/2 and 1/3 cheaper.
    Depends on what floats your boat. I dont think 20 is too much for a nice day out.

Depends on what floats your boat. I dont think 20 is too much for a nice day out.

True and I have nothing against it but I checked and its €25 on the gate on Sat,Sun and Mon.
    I just not into paying €25 to look at what people are selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

If you are looking for free entertainment for the weekend you would be better off heading in to see the maritime tall ships festival. Entry FREE!

http://www.dublindocklands.ie/maritimefestival/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Right add that to the list of thing to do with my brats at the weekend.

• Advertisement

Murt10 wrote: »
    If you are looking for free entertainment for the weekend you would be better off heading in to see the maritime tall ships festival. Entry FREE!

http://www.dublindocklands.ie/maritimefestival/

Yep will be going into that went a few years ago and it was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I was at bloom last year and wasn't' that impressed, sure the gardens in the completion were intresting to look at but they were just glorified advertisements for garden centers and landscape artists.

There are other event on in Farmleigh over the year i do try and keep an eye on what is happening.

http://www.farmleigh.ie/season.asp

Advertisement