Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bass player available

• 27-05-2008 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm a 29-year old bassist based in South Dublin.
    I've been playing for years, and have quite a bit of gig experience, and have own gear and transport.
    I'm looking to play something that isn't rock, indie, metal or singer/songwriter stuff. I would like something danceable - funk, ska, reggae, dance, disco music would be great, or anything that's a bit different and will get a live crowd going.
    Failing that, I'd also be up for doing some stuff in a covers-band.
    Any interest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DOeZer

hiya

i just posted an ad in buyandsell..
    looking for bassist, well preferably double bassist but beggars cant be choosers..!

am 39. looking to get duo going playing the covers to get paid pub gigs, but in a style thats fun and works for the crowd and us - also throwing in some swing tunes (wanna be like you, it dont mean a thing) anything with groove.
    would be bass + acoustic guitar, sometimes electric. and sometimes with backing loops and tracks, sometimes not. i sing and play guitar, + keys too if needed.. only into paid pub covers gigs though, no original compos in singer songwriters venues...;)
    influences the stones, john butler trio, ska? sure!i love it, ian dury's good, chili peppers.. blues, funk, i love southern rock..

looking for someone who can play and whos got a good voice and who is willing to WORK! ie get things going fast.. i been messed around alot at this stage so only want to work with people who want to get things going and are into the direction .. ;)

if ure into it lemme know. if not no worries and good luck ;)
    cheers
    d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 therespie

Hey - thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I can't really sing too well, and wouldn't really be into a duo. Hope you find someone though - you can make a fair bit of money if you're only splitting it in two!

Advertisement