Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Software

Options
  • 27-05-2008 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

I want to have a forum on a website, where I can use the login, registration and sessions right throughout mysite. Are there any forums which can easily do this and also one where no tables are used?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You will be needing a database, otherwise you're looking at either a big headache or a very small forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭tigerforest

Ha Ha I didn't mean database tables, of course I'll be using a database for my forum. I meant where the content isn't displayed using tables. (Unless it's in a situation where tables are appropriate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ah. Heh. Any time I have seen that particular request before it always refered to a database. Cue a red face here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I amn't sure but I think forums is one of the few places that tables are acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

In my mind a forum ... is a listing of data as such its acceptable to have tables in it ... and would probably be a nightmare to create without tables (I know someone will post in a while with a link to something else)

I'd probably recommend vBulletin ... which costs a few quid though but feels great ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

http://getvanilla.com/ - not sure if it's table-less, but it might be

Advertisement