Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

window tinting advice

Options
  • 27-05-2008 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

hello all, were would be the best place for window tinting on the northside of dublin.

and if anyone has an idea of how much it would cost for a 3dr hatchback.

cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

make the trip to the southside, vision in Walkinstown are the best around.

U20 Beechlawn Ind Est Walkinstown Co. Dublin

(01)4500622, they do a 10 year warranty on window tints, and are very good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Shades in Blanchardstown did my wife's 3dr Ibiza for €200 in 2003. Should have been about €280 though so you are probably looking around €350 at this stage.

http://www.bmglasscoatings.ie/shades.htm

Top quality work and nice to deal with. Brynn or Martin are the guys to talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

cheers lads ill give them a bell tomorow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

considering doing this with my mondeo - let us know the quote you get!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    make the trip to the southside, vision in Walkinstown are the best around.

U20 Beechlawn Ind Est Walkinstown Co. Dublin

(01)4500622, they do a 10 year warranty on window tints, and are very good to deal with.

Agree got my Ibiza done for €240 no bubbles or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Really thinking about getting this done aswell as the younglad in the back keeps pulling the sunscreens off the windows and then yelling his lungs out when the sun gets in his eyes !!

Just wondering though, do you have to let your insurance company know that you have got your windows tinted ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

jprender wrote: »
    Really thinking about getting this done aswell as the younglad in the back keeps pulling the sunscreens off the windows and then yelling his lungs out when the sun gets in his eyes !!

Just wondering though, do you have to let your insurance company know that you have got your windows tinted ?

AFAIK you do as it "Could be more appealing to thief's" mine went up by €5 with alloy wheels etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

AFAIK you do as it "Could be more appealing to thief's" mine went up by €5 with alloy wheels etc :D

Thats bizarre considering Tinting not only makes windows stronger but also limits the visibility inside (less to see, less reason to smash into).

I got mine smoke tinted at Pentagon in Nangor Rd, expensive but considerably nicer than previous tints I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

If you cross the border any way regularly you should not have windscreen, driver and passenger windows tinted (less than 70% light penetration). If you get pulled you will be given 2 options if they dont met regulations, have the vehicle ceased, or rip of tints on the spot. They are very hot on this on stretch of A1 between Spucefield and Banbridge, and probably lots of other areas as well.

Link to guidelines in NI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Mylow wrote: »
    If you cross the border any way regularly you should not have windscreen, driver and passenger windows tinted (less than 70% light penetration). If you get pulled you will be given 2 options if they dont met regulations, have the vehicle ceased, or rip of tints on the spot. They are very hot on this on stretch of A1 between Spucefield and Banbridge, and probably lots of other areas as well.

Link to guidelines in NI

You sure that those guidelines cover non uk reg cars?

Seems a bit strange that a tourist would either have their car seized or have to rip off their tints on holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Thats bizarre considering Tinting not only makes windows stronger but also limits the visibility inside (less to see, less reason to smash into).

I got mine smoke tinted at Pentagon in Nangor Rd, expensive but considerably nicer than previous tints I had.

+1.:) Not a bubble in sight.

I got the Focus Estate done there. 30% between the a & b pillars, and 70% all around the rear, for reasonable price. Never been stopped by cops on this is(Ire)land or in Scotland. Also they only do the tints to the local law requirments.

Advertisement