Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Online Check In and Children.

Options
  • 27-05-2008 7:28pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

(I tried this on the Travel forum but no luck)

Has anyone here successfully checked a child in online when that child was on their parents passport i.e. can you use the same passport number for 2 check-ins (seeing as the passport is shared) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

parsi wrote: »
    (I tried this on the Travel forum but no luck)

Has anyone here successfully checked a child in online when that child was on their parents passport i.e. can you use the same passport number for 2 check-ins (seeing as the passport is shared) ?

Oh, that will be a €30 check-in with the same passport fee, for each person, for each flight :-)

Joking... kind of! Never done this before, we got our kids their own passports straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

how old is your child, because if you have a pushchair then you cannot check in online, otherwise i can't see why you couldn't do it (obviously best to contact ryanair to make sure though)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

He's 9. Ryanair's site is desperately vague about it. Then again a lot of sites are vague when it comes to kids on their parents passports because it is less common.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

The following passengers do not qualify for Online Check-In:

Passengers travelling with checked baggage
    Children aged between 14-18 years travelling alone
    Passengers travelling with infants
    Passengers travelling with mobility equipment (including children's pushchairs)
    Passengers with reduced mobility, blind/vision impaired passengers including those travelling with a sighted companion (*)
    Blind/vision impaired passenger travelling with a guide dog (*)
    Passengers who require special assistance at the airport (*)
    Passengers travelling from Italy to the United Kingdom
    Passengers travelling on a passport which is due to expire within 30 days from the date of travel
    When there are more than 9 passengers booked in a reservation
    Passengers travelling on the same reservation with a passenger who is not entitled to Online Check-in
    Where a passenger is unable to avail of Online Check-in by reason only of a matter marked(*) above any Airport Check-In fee paid will be refunded at the time the special services are requested. Where a passenger is unable to avail of Online Check-in by reason only of not being the holder of either a valid passport or a National Identity Card, issued by the government of an EU/EEA country, any Airport Check-In fee paid will be refunded upon application.

To qualify for Online Check-in each passenger must present either a valid passport or National Identity Card, issued by the government of an EU/ European Economic Area (EEA) country which matches the document details printed on their online boarding pass, at both airport security and the departure gate. (See paragraph headed "Documentation" for details of accepted EEA National Identity Cards).

considering you do have a valid passport for your son and i presume its not due to expire soon you should be fine..
    enjoy your trip!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

To follow up on this:

- The Online checkin asks for passport numbers, expiry and date of birth but it doesn't seem to cross-compare numbers so it happily accepted my passport details for junior (The main potential problem was that the online checkin process would disallow two entries with the same passport number)

- No problems with security anywhere though on the flight home the Ryanair person was taken aback by the fact that Junior didn't have photo ID and was a fraction away from getting odd about it.

- the Airport Police guy in Shannon was in his very late forties (so should be experienced) and still I had to show him where in the passport the child section was - it doesn't cause any problems to the Germans or French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Since 1 October 2004, all children, regardless of age, must obtain an individual passport in their own name.

In line with best international practice, the Passport Office ceased the practice of including children on their parents' passports since 1 October 2004. This is intended to increase the security of international travel for children and reduce the risk of kidnapping and child trafficking.

Parents’ passports issued before 1 October on which children have been included remain valid and do not need to be replaced.

Children who are included on a parent's passport issued before 1 October 2004, may continue to travel to most countries up to their 16th birthday along with that parent providing the passport is still valid. There are, however, some exceptions including the Czech Republic which requires persons aged 15 and over to carry their own passport and Estonia which requires all persons aged 7 and over to carry their own passport. Additionally, since 26 October 2004, all persons, irrespective of age, require an individual passport for entry into the United States .

Just in case you were going to Estonia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Dammit, that's Estonia ruled out for the holliers...

and just as unlikely the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Sorry I know this is an old thread but I don't seem to be able to post a new one. I recently checked in online for a Ryanair flight but after printing my boarding pass I noticed that I had entered an incorrect passport number. I am worried that I could be denied boarding and would like to know if there is any way of changing it. Thanks in advance

Advertisement