Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Countdown to July

Options
  • 27-05-2008 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

We now know of four car marques that are passing on the VRT reductions for their diesels.

BMW
    Mini
    Lexus
    Alfa Romeo

Any of you guys know of,and want to release Ford, Toyota etc prices.

It would be of great interest to those of us that want to change, but wont commit till all have shown their hand.

Although it might be worth waiting untill 2009, to see how the market levels out,unless of course you have a BMW d ordered, in which case you are smiling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fiat already have - taking the hit on pre-July orders of the diesels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

VW released July prices last Friday.

Same story as with the above. I *believe* that Lexus are absorbing some of the increases that should be passed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Sorry forgot about VW and did not realise the Fiat prices were post July.

Bmw
    Mini
    VolksWagen
    Lexus
    Fiat
    Alfa Romeo

Any others ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If VW is passing on, then it's likley that Audi, Skoda, Seat and Lamborghini (ha) will be passing on the full benefit of the changes. Same for Toyota and Daihatsu considering the Lexus press release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Fiat haven't announced all prices only Punto and 500

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

How dare you question true statements in my sig:D!

Can't remember where I found it, but have a look through my previous posts. I posted it a few days ago, with the link and all included! IIRC I got it from the Department of the Environment.

And if you find it, will you tell me what it is;)?

ninty9er wrote: »
    If VW is passing on, then it's likley that Audi, Skoda, Seat and Lamborghini (ha) will be passing on the full benefit of the changes. Same for Toyota and Daihatsu considering the Lexus press release
    Audi will be passing on the savings. AudiChris said so a few months ago in the stickied VRT thread(don't ask where, but it's there somewhere all right, I know because I read it only a few nights ago).

Daihatsu are not imported by the same people that import Toyota and Lexus.

Similarly Seat is imported by OHM(who import Daihatsu, Cadillac, and Saab amongst others), while VW, Audi and Skoda are imported by MDL(till October).

I would expect Merc to be passing on whatever VRT savings are available(they don't have a lot of models that they can do this with though!) and similarly with Skoda since VW and Audi are, and we know they all are imported by MDL.

As Lexus are passing on savings by more than they should, I wouldn't rule out the same happening with Toyota, though unlike Lexus most of their cars are pretty OK for CO2, while the oil burners are amongst the best in class.

Thanks All.

We do not have any confirmed prices apart from whats listed, and even then Fiat is open to doubt.

Might i suggest only posts with links to offical websites so there is no more confusion.

Rgds

RT

• Registered Users Posts: 20 redbag

A bmw salesman today trying to get me to buy a 520d, says that BMW will be increasing the price by over 8% come Jan 1st "as they have been holding off on price increases for the last two years". Looks like they really want to bump up the order book for later summer / autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Sorry forgot about VW and did not realise the Fiat prices were post July.

Bmw
    Mini
    VolksWagen
    Lexus
    Fiat
    Alfa Romeo

Any others ?

While I haven't worked the figures out completley it does look like Volvo and Opel are passing on the savings. I have their official post July lists, but they obviously haven't been offically released yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Toyota ARE passing on the savings.

And the prius is even coming down in price should be 28k all in inc paint, mats + flaps, should make the car alot more affordble

Toyota ARE passing on the savings.

Can you show a link or some other proof

cant show you a link, but i have seen the new price list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Any skoda dealership i have spoken to recenetly openly discussed a 1% increase in base prices. Other than that all the vrt reduction was passed on to me when i bought a diesel. (pick up 1st july!)

cant show you a link, but i have seen the new price list

Can you scan it and put it up here.

That will be another one to the list.

How much for an Avensis D4D

RT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Can you scan it and put it up here.

That will be another one to the list.

How much for an Avensis D4D

RT

+1

or even Colm might have it.

No i aint going to scan it up, theres info on the one i have that ye aint getting.

The list E92 has done up is bang on apart from a gpi on the yaris just announced (€250), and the prius.

The general rule you should take when looking at E92's list is add about €1000 to get your on the road price, except on the prestige marques.

No i aint going to scan it up, theres info on the one i have that ye aint getting.

The list E92 has done up is bang on apart from a gpi on the yaris just announced (€250), and the prius.

The general rule you should take when looking at E92's list is add about €1000 to get your on the road price, except on the prestige marques.

So when are the Toyota prices to be made public ?
    btw this is not aimed purely at Toyota.

I am sure there are people who would agree with me that the whole 'No i aint going to scan it up' atitude ( I am sure you could blank out any senisitive info ) is not doing the motor industry any good.

The whole point of this thread is to inform members of changes in July, not to say I know what they are, but I am not telling.

If you have something to post please be in a position to back it up, so that there is no confusion.

rgds

RT

Peace wrote: »
    Any skoda dealership i have spoken to recenetly openly discussed a 1% increase in base prices. Other than that all the vrt reduction was passed on to me when i bought a diesel. (pick up 1st july!)

How much are you paying for your Skoda, what was the price reduced to?

Rgds

Rt

• Advertisement

redbag wrote: »
    A bmw salesman today trying to get me to buy a 520d, says that BMW will be increasing the price by over 8% come Jan 1st "as they have been holding off on price increases for the last two years". Looks like they really want to bump up the order book for later summer / autumn.
    Before July, the 520d is €5,200 cheaper than the 523i. In Germany you only pay €900 more for petrol straight 6 power. Even with VRT it should be no more than about €1,300. Obviously BMW are selling the 520d on the cheap here....

Not that I'm defending the salesman or trying to justify any price hikes by BMW, mind.

And i'd be waiting till it happens of course. Sure some BMW salesmen were saying that BMW would up the spec to match the VRT difference in July, and that obviously hasn't happened.

So when are the Toyota prices to be made public ?
    btw this is not aimed purely at Toyota.
    I would imagine not any time soon. They're desperately trying to get rid of the 1.6 Avensis at the moment, as all those ads on the radio confirm. And they've started doing the same thing with the RAV4 2.0 petrol too. There was an ad about it in the Sunday Times last Sunday. colm_mcm will be better informed than anyone else, since he sells them!

Anyway the Avensis is being replaced at the end of the year by a brand new car.

Add Citroen and Ford to the list of companies passing on VRT savings.

Full Citroen prices are in the attatchment below.

The new Ford Kuga will be yours from €32,565 in July and the Mondeo 1.8 TDCi ECOnetic is coming down by €3,600. Pity they don't sell it as a saloon though(hatch and estate only).some details here.

Details of some more FIAT prices available here, go to the archives section for May and it's there towards the top.

I've quoted the article about it below:
    Nine in ten Fiats to drop in price

Fiat are slashing prices from July 1st with 90 percent of cars coming down in price.

In January 08 Fiat passed on the VRT reductions early on the Grande Punto and then for the Fiat 500.

Four of its models slot into Band A, benefitting from the lowest VRT rates. These are the Panda, 500, the family sized 1.6 diesel Bravo, and the Grande Punto.

The Panda 1.1 Active reduces from 11,995 to 10,995 euros; the New Bravo 1.6 MJ 105hp from 19,995 euros; the Doblo from 17,995 euros and the Fiat 500 from 13,995 euros.

The Fiat 500 and Fiat Bravo have already introduced Euro 5 Ready power units in petrol and diesel and by the end of 2009, say most engines in the entire Fiat range will be Euro 5 friendly.

Meanwhile if you want a new C5 you can get the VRT saving now if you choose the 1.6 HDi Dynamique.

While Volvo are now offering a 2.0 diesel in the C70 which gets into 24% VRT, and when the Seat Ibiza arrives in July, it will be available with the grand total of just one engine(the 3 pot 1.2).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭omega man

Peace wrote: »

Was quoted for the Octavia vRS TDI 4K less then current list price.

The latest we have

BMW
    Mini
    Volkswagen
    Lexus
    Alfa Romeo
    Citroen

For a link to offical prices please check out E92's sig

Any others ?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Finally got a post july price from my local toyota dealer on a base model (i.e. Aura) avensis D4D
    25,600, Strata Model is 1000 on top of that.

Supply is very limitied he has only one left on his forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

You can order the new Ford Focus 1.8TDCi style for July now and save €2616 (€21,110 compared to €23725.) Similiar deal for the 1.4 style.
    I rang Ford and was quoted €22,210 for the 1.8- think the difference from the advertised price (€1100) covers delivery and metallic paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Kia have post July prices on their website - they don't appear to have passed on the full reductions (when compared to E92's spreadsheet)

25,600 would seem to be very cheap for an Avensis diesel, even allowing for VRT reductions - does that include cash discount?

Kia July prices.

Indeed some of the decreases are quite low...interesting how the popular models don't go down by as much as those that are not so popular. Hmm....

• Advertisement

Advertisement