Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chupa Chups

Options
  • 27-05-2008 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Pleas excuse my idiocy but are they unhealthy? i.e. full of sugar.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Honestly? They're a lollipop, they're hardly bastions of nutritional goodness!

So no, they're not very healthy but if you're only having one the odd time then it's no big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

hunter164 wrote: »
    Pleas excuse my idiocy but are they unhealthy? i.e. full of sugar.
    Course they are. What else do you think they're made of? They're sometimes marketed as a "low-fat" snack because they're so small, but they still contain a lot of calories (which convert to fat). However there's far less calories in them than in a Mars bar, so I suppose they're better for you as a treat on that score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

this is better than the "is the calories in water" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I just thought they'd be handy to have between meals but turns out I shouldn't.

Thanks for the serious answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

your dentist DEFFO wont recommend them;)

According to the wife theres only half a weight watchers point in each chuppa chup

• Advertisement

I just thought they'd be handy to have between meals but turns out I shouldn't.

Thanks for the serious answers.
    But what about fruit? Non salted nuts? Not only would these be far more satisfying but they're also good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Typhoon. wrote: »
    your dentist DEFFO wont recommend them;)

According to the wife theres only half a weight watchers point in each chuppa chup

Just about to say that having a lump of sugar right next to your teeth for extended periods ain't the best.

I also second the fruit and nuts. The downside is trying to stop eating the damn things. Peanuts are worse than a packet of pringles once you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Dudess wrote: »
    Course they are. What else do you think they're made of? They're sometimes marketed as a "low-fat" snack because they're so small, but they still contain a lot of calories (which convert to fat). However there's far less calories in them than in a Mars bar, so I suppose they're better for you as a treat on that score.

Ok, maybe this is a stupid question, but if I have a craving for something sweet I have an ice lolly. It says on the pack they have only 49 calories in them so I thought they weren't too bad. Am I completely mistaken? I know fruit is better, but sometimes an apple just won't cut it!

Ah yeah of course, but the OP was asking if they'd be ok as a snack between meals - no mention of whether it's for satisfying a sugar craving or actually to fill a hunger gap.
    So, for sugar craving: yep
    For hunger at 4pm when dinner isn't until 6: nope
    A sugar hit like that would probably make you hungrier and cause your blood sugar to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Is there a food forum or something?Cannot for the life of me see what this has to do with fitness!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

eroo wrote: »
    Is there a food forum or something?Cannot for the life of me see what this has to do with fitness!!!!!!!!!
    There is, and there's also a report button report.gif. Click on it and it will bring the thread to our attention. As omnipresent as we'd love to be, we rely on users to spot these things too ;)

Although I'm highly tempted to send this thread to the Recycle Bin altogether...

Please do!! I look like a muppet now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Please do!! I look like a muppet now.
    lol, ah don't worry about it, trust me I've asked some fairly stoooopid stuff myself in the past :o

Until not that long ago I thought the water that squirts from windscreen wipers was actually rainwater - that the car somehow gathered it up every time it rained. I thought this for about five years of driving myself.
    I'd be ****ed if I lived in Nevada...

How's that for stoopid? :o

Meh no offence but women and cars don't go.....................

Got ya there! joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CYCC

anyone know where i can buy the large packs of yogurt flavoured chupa chups? God I love the things, seriously, love them but I can only buy one at a time, cant find the larger packs anywhere and ye feel like a tool going in to a shop diving into their lolly box and rumaging around till you find five or six and then going up to pay for them. If any one knows Id really appreciate being filled in.

Advertisement