Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nearest housing estates to genzyme

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Sully, do you actually READ the entire post?:rolleyes: What Mike said was Lismore/Clayboy areas (the correct spelling is Cleaboy), which encompasses the bones of 2.000 homes. It is a generalisation of the worst kind - something you constantly berate at every available opportunity.

Ken - there is a very LARGE student population in Ursuline Court/Crescent, and Ashley Court/Crescent in Cherrymount.

I think my post clearly refers to Lismore Park likewise an other post states im not familar with the other estates. I was simply pointing out that despite you saying its not true - it is true. Lismore Park had/has a bad name at the moment due to it being student living mainly :)

Do YOU actually read my entire post?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Dominoes never refused to deliver to lismore park it was lisduggan they refused to deliver to....Theres rarely any trouble in Lismore park as its generally older students that live there. The main trouble in lismore park is with people from the college parking there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ec18 wrote: »
    Dominoes never refused to deliver to lismore park it was lisduggan they refused to deliver to....Theres rarely any trouble in Lismore park as its generally older students that live there. The main trouble in lismore park is with people from the college parking there

IIRC, they wouldn't go into Lismore Park but they would allow pickups at Lisdugan.. I remember people had to pick up Pizzas at the bank. Lismore Park was causing problems at least when I was in first & second year as I recall newspaper articles about a protest and a college disciplinary meeting was called with regards to some students. This is to the best of my recollection anyway!

EDIT: Completey and utterly made a balls of that. As ec18 said, it was Lisduggan. Apologises for the mix up!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    IIRC, they wouldn't go into Lismore Park but they would allow pickups at Lisdugan.. I remember people had to pick up Pizzas at the bank. Lismore Park was causing problems at least when I was in first & second year as I recall newspaper articles about a protest and a college disciplinary meeting was called with regards to some students. This is to the best of my recollection anyway!

You are incorrect. Dominos never had problems with Lismore Pk. It was just lisduggan. Residents there had to go to the roundabout at Walsh Pk or the BOI building at the Waterford Shopping Centre.

Okay sorry, I got the Dominos thing wrong.. was discussing it with ec18 and I did a bit of research and found this article: http://archives.tcm.ie/waterfordnews/2007/05/04/story25497.asp

Yes it was Lisduggan that Dominos stopped delivering to. Apologies for the mix up and for any offense caused.

Off Topic: I cleaned the topic from off-topic nonsense. If you have a problem, take it to Feedback. Stop derailing threads and the forum with all this nonsense. It cant be improved without constructive feedback either via PM or Feedback. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Okay sorry, I got the Dominos thing wrong.. was discussing it with ec18 and I did a bit of research and found this article: http://archives.tcm.ie/waterfordnews/2007/05/04/story25497.asp

Yes it was Lisduggan that Dominos stopped delivering to. Apologies for the mix up and for any offense caused.

Off Topic: I cleaned the topic from off-topic nonsense. If you have a problem, take it to Feedback. Stop derailing threads and the forum with all this nonsense. It cant be improved without constructive feedback either via PM or Feedback. Thanks.

Excuse me now for a sec Sully, another user questioned how you were a mod, because you were clearly wrong in a post and you were adamant that you were right. I merely agreed with him. How is that derailing the thread. Anyway you have finally accepted you are not always Right.

So I guess we can move on. There is no real issue so there is no need to add to the sully bashing thread already in the feedback section.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Excuse me now for a sec Sully, another user questioned how you were a mod, because you were clearly wrong in a post and you were adamant that you were right. I merely agreed with him. How is that derailing the thread. Anyway you have finally accepted you are not always Right.

Excuse me Aquos. Only ONE person questioned what I said about Dominos delivering, and I discussed it with him further and found out I was wrong. I then retracted the statement and apologised. I was trying to recall to the best of knowledge events and it seems I got the issues in Lismore Park mixed up with the Dominos delivery. The comment followed by shanks is part of continuing remarks by him and a small group of others who dont like how I moderate. My post was NOT moderating in the slightest and that retarted comment was posted which you did more then merely agree with. We have a Feedback forum - use it. This isnt Feedback.
    So I guess we can move on. There is no real issue so there is no need to add to the sully bashing thread already in the feedback section.

Yes, lets stick to the topic. If you have anything further to add, PM, Feedback or HelpDesk are options open to you and others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I think my post clearly refers to Lismore Park likewise an other post states im not familar with the other estates. I was simply pointing out that despite you saying its not true - it is true. Lismore Park had/has a bad name at the moment due to it being student living mainly :)

Do YOU actually read my entire post?:rolleyes:

I do Sully - unlike you. You say above that Lismore Park Had/has a bad name at the moment, then you go on to say that I haven't heard much about trouble in Lismore Park anymore :p

Which is it?:confused:

On the ball as usual Freddie, I get the impression your stalking to me to catch me out!

From my knowledge, Lismore Park has been a troublesome area with Students. ec18 has agreed with me (was a conversation outside of these forums) that it has had its trouble. Mike seems to think it still is. I am not to sure if it remains to be a problem, but it previously was. I cant say for certain if it is - hence the had/has.

Stop nit picking.

Stop nit picking.

So pointing out a gross contradiction is now 'nit picking'?:rolleyes: As one who lives in the general area which Mike likes to put down so frequently, it would be nice to know roughly where Mike himself lives. Glass houses, stones, and all of that.....;)

• Advertisement

So pointing out a gross contradiction is now 'nit picking'?:rolleyes: As one who lives in the general area which Mike likes to put down so frequently, it would be nice to know roughly where Mike himself lives. Glass houses, stones, and all of that.....;)

I wouldnt call it a gross contradiction at all. It has had its trouble and it may still have. Hence the had/has. So yes, picking out those two words to try prove a point is indeed nit picking. :rolleyes:

Who cares where Mike lives? He only pointed out that Lismore Park wouldnt be an ideal estate to live in due to it consisting a lot with students and having its past trouble. Fair enough it might be a bit unfair to say there are only pockets of good areas but you have to understand his POV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

He only pointed out that Lismore Park wouldnt be an ideal estate to live in due to it consisting a lot with students and having its past trouble. Fair enough it might be a bit unfair to say there are only pockets of good areas but you have to understand his POV?
    Equally though his "POV" is giving a negative image to a very large area consisting, like many other places, of many family homes of people who have lived there many years. The person is actually looking for somewhere NOW, and not in the PAST as mentioned above. It would be nice if the comments actually dealt with what the estate/area is like to live in NOW, not the usual hearsay and constant reliving of the selective past.

Woodgate wrote: »
    Equally though his "POV" is giving a negative image to a very large area consisting, like many other places, of many family homes of people who have lived there many years. The person is actually looking for somewhere NOW, and not in the PAST as mentioned above. It would be nice if the comments actually dealt with what the estate/area is like to live in NOW, not the usual hearsay and constant reliving of the selective past.

Fair point.. I can only comment about previous reports. Iv no idea what its like now, but I just thought that perhaps a word of warning might not go astray - just in case :)

Agreed. The term generalisation comes to mind......again!:eek::rolleyes::)

Agreed. The term generalisation comes to mind......again!:eek::rolleyes::)

Tis an awful word, makes baby jesus cry I tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

kensutz wrote: »
    Cherrymount, Avondale, St Herblain, Johns Park, Pearse Park, Prospect Mews, Greenfields (I think)

I'm not starting another Ballybeg thread here but dont go near Cherrymount, Avondale or Johns Park. They can be a little on the rough side. Don't know about the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

forbesii wrote: »
    I'm not starting another Ballybeg thread here but dont go near Cherrymount, Avondale or Johns Park. They can be a little on the rough side. Don't know about the others.

That's a stupid ****ing post.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

oh no, this isn't going to end well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

kensutz wrote: »
    That's a stupid ****ing post.
    I agree.

The topic should be closed at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The topic should be closed at this stage.

I agree.

Is there something in the water around here lately?

Btw, Ken, no point in responding like that - Just report the post, and I'll sort it out from there ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement