Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning a top?

Options
  • 27-05-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

just wondering I got a jersey in elverys but its a size to small but the tags have already been taken off. I still have the reciept so will they let me exchange it for a bigger size or will they refuse?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

joe123 wrote: »
    just wondering I got a jersey in elverys but its a size to small but the tags have already been taken off. I still have the reciept so will they let me exchange it for a bigger size or will they refuse?

There is no reason for them to take it back, and seeing that the tags have been removed i doubt they will, the only chance you have is if they're nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

if I say i got it as a present?....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Legally there's nothing they HAVE to do, but a present sob story might make them do a customer care job and sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No tags no way, anywhere I've worked I'm afraid.

It's the only to stop people wearing and returning clothes, not in any way saying you did but if you do it for one...

I agree, ask for the manager etc admit you are not returning the item in resaleable condition and ask if an exception could be made, asure them you will not return the replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Could always suggest that they charge a 10% restocking fee or something ... see if they'll give you the rest in vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

random wrote: »
    Could always suggest that they charge a 10% restocking fee or something ... see if they'll give you the rest in vouchers.

He/she doesn't want a refund, just an exchange.
    I think they should probably be amenable to this, provided the jersey has no signs of wear. Also, if you still have the tags, this would help as they could be reattached. Clothing shops generally have a returns policy posted at or behind the cashdesk or on the receipt. Have a look for this.

It won't cost anything to ask for an exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yah .. ok, an exchange. What I mean is take 10% of the value off it so he can only get an exchange to the value of 90% and pay the difference or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

If you were asking for a refund No but as you're asking for an exchange of sizes I bet they will. If you bought the top recently ( within the last week or two) only. Lots of tags get ripped or torn off in shops or at home to hide the price of a gift. Have never had a problem returning stuff without tags as long as you have a recent receipt. Be nice and it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Do you still have the tags? I've returned stuff before no problem once you have both item and tag. They can retag easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

When I worked in retail, I always returned things for an exchange if the person was nice and polite about it. This is the way to go. If the sales assistant won't help you, tell them you understand that while they may not have the authority to do it, could you speak to the manager/supervisor in charge and thank them for their help. If I ever had to ask a manager what to do, I always mentioned to them before they came to talk to the customer whether they were polite or not. Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement