Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet Connection on campus?

• 27-05-2008 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Could someone give me the lowdown on the internet connection in Larkfield?

I hear there's a filter to prevent the playing of online games, which sucks...I was lookin' forward to late night Warcraft sessions on my lappy!:D

Comments

Internet is of a good standard as it needs to be. You will spend most of your tv viewing(iptv by freewire) and family guy/american dad viewing online.

there was one person last year who was addicted to warcraft - only saw him at fire alarms. Do yourself a favour and get yourself permanently banned from that game...If ya like multiplayer games, join gamessoc, if ya like computers, join redbrick. Either way, dont be afraid to take part in any club/soc you are involved in. From my experience they are all very welcoming to first years although I have heard from other people that one or two of the most established societies tend to turn their "double-barrel name" noses up at first years but that is a debate for another time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Ah now. We only keep the gangly mutant ****s in case of emergency. We keep them locked up most of the time :pac:

Seriously though, the committees running clubs and socs will do anything to get first years to join and stay involved, it's kinda hard to keep a soc alive if there's nobody new joining :) Redbrick defnitely tries to be as welcoming as we can anyway..

As for WoW/gaming on campus.. CSD have shown willingness to unblock a number of ports to areas of campus accommodation for gaming, if you ask them very nicely, and do the research (which ports you need, etc) first. Don't just ask "Could you unblock WoW?", but ask "Could you unblock TCP port 3724".

There's a few other ways to get around the proxy, but they're a bit awkward, you need to know what you're doing. People in Redbrick might be able to point you in the right direction though...

Gamessoc also run a games server inside DCU... counter strike, quake, that kinda thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Octavarium

Great! Thanks guys!

Yeah I was lookin at the gamessoc website there today, looks great! I'd be well outta my depth I'd imagine though, due to my complete suckiness at almost everything non-MMO :o

But yeah, thanks!

Advertisement