Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready Made Cement?

Options
  • 27-05-2008 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to get some read made cement if possbile, about 1kg or so would be perfect and if you know if this can be got in Woodies or B&Q?

thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't think you can but you could try something like Polyfilla - depending on what you are planning on doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Readymixed concrete in the small quantities you say you want won't be gettable, unless it's tile cement you mean? You'll probably get a bag of premixed sand/cement/aggregate in one of the large home-type chains alright, just add water and mix.

1kg sounds like very little, do you mind my asking what it's for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Prenderb wrote: »
    Readymixed concrete in the small quantities you say you want won't be gettable, unless it's tile cement you mean? You'll probably get a bag of premixed sand/cement/aggregate in one of the large home-type chains alright, just add water and mix.

1kg sounds like very little, do you mind my asking what it's for?

The wall out the back Garden needs fixing and some lose slabs as well. I probably need more the 1KG, but i just dont want to buy a big bag of cement and sand, id throw most of it out to be honest.

thanks for the replys gents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

You can buy euromix cement in chadwicks ,all you do is add water to it.
    I find it very handy and it's good cement aswell. At the most it will cost you about €10 for a 10KG bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

1 bag of cement + 2 bags of sand about €15 and just enought to fix the wall and reset the slabs (3-4 slabs) mix it 3-1 sand to cement you'd have nothing to trow out. you'd be surprissed how little this is, buy from a builders supplier cheeper than b&q,atlantic etc

• Advertisement

311 wrote: »
    You can buy euromix cement in chadwicks ,all you do is add water to it.
    I find it very handy and it's good cement aswell. At the most it will cost you about €10 for a 10KG bag.

311, thats sound perfect, thank you.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Where are you based? I have a bit of cement and mortar sand out the back!

kbannon wrote: »
    Where are you based? I have a bit of cement and mortar sand out the back!

I'm on the northside, thanks for the offer but im good.

Advertisement