Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Vocal Remover

Options
  • 27-05-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a free programme to remove the vocals on an MP3 track I have to make an instumental version of it?

I have been looking at and downloaded a few but they only remove 15sec-1min worth of audio.

Anyone to help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

The traditional answer was that it couldn't really be done, except for a phase cancellation trick that worked if the vocals were center panned and everything else was panned to the sides, but spectral analysis techniques have been creating some interesting possibilities.

I'm not aware of any freeware offerings, but you could get the fully functional eval version of reaper by cockos and use the Spectral EQ plugin by Elevayta which is $30. Check out the sample mp3s. It wont be perfect, and depending on the source material you may not get a good enough result, but there is a demo which should let you see if it will work for you
    http://www.paulrharvey.co.uk/elevayta/product13.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

What's the song?

Removing the vocal on an mp3 really shows up the compression artifacts. Like, it makes bad sound quality a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Iºve never come across anything that has been able to do the job well. Although when I see what melodyne is up to these days Im prepared for anything. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I'm sure you could find a karoke version online.
    OR you sould just sing louder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement