Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurkers, Blow Ins and assorted Riff Raff

• 27-05-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

This is always something that had me curious:

Something will be posted up of interest to Waterford people but will be pretty much be meaningless to the majority of folk from other places around the country.

But time and again people that never post here pop in with responses from out of nowhere.

I know it's an open forum and it's as open as any on the net, but I mean if there was something going on in the Leitrim or Cavan or even the Tipp or Cork fora I wouldn't have a clue.

I simply never check them. Even if there was a discussion going on that I could have genuine input to I'd never find it.

Is there a section of boardsies out there that have Waterford on subscribe? I mean how else can something like this* happen.
    Funny as it is, it's even funnier that a mod of half a dozen forums knows there's sport to be had within a few mins of a thread being posted.

I know that's only one example but there's no end of others.

Any lurkers want to 'fess up in this thread? :)

*nice one btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I'm guessing that they notice the thread on the boards.ie front page.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gadgie wrote: »
    I'm guessing that they notice the thread on the boards.ie front page.

this seems about right, also now there's a related thread option which will only make things worse :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I used to work in Waterford City, so I do the occasional look-in when I'm passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I used to work in Waterford City, so I do the occasional look-in when I'm passing.

I'd be pretty much like that too. If I worked some place or was in college there I'd dip in to the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

the trick is too have an eye catching thread title for the boards.ie front page something like

" konor halpin ,entertainer or eijit "
    OR
    " dan the man found living naked in the comeraghs living only off what he can catch "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

SUNGOD wrote: »
    the trick is too have an eye catching thread title for the boards.ie front page something like

OR
    " dan the man found living naked in the comeraghs living only off what he can catch "

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

OR

exactly , kinda like tabloid headlines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Generally I dislike Waterford as a city, a total kip.

But I was in WIT for 4 years and really liked the people and atmosphere, so I sort of lurk around the City and WIT forums looking for interesting topics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

OR

Gold! (the quote, not Halpin, who IMO is a useless 'entertainer')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

whats the bother with that , scared of outsiders is it , are not the topics richer and more well balanced with view from everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

rasper wrote: »
    whats the bother with that , scared of outsiders is it , are not the topics richer and more well balanced with view from everyone

Nope not scared at all, if you read the original post you'll see that it is very obviously a question on how people find the threads in the first place. Not a matter of 'welcome' at all.

Advertisement