Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB job losses

Options
  • 27-05-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Heard today that following a review of operations at IBB by their new owners, 60 members of staff were given their notice last Thursday and all other staff have been placed on 2 months protective notice.

Now, I doubt they will go bust as Imagine would be very unlikly to purchase a sinking ship that could not be repaired and I would expect that they will continue and even make a profit, maybe not straight away but within 2-3 years. I do wonder what this will mean to levels of service, I mean they were acceptable at the moment but with that many staff been laid off surely service will have to suffer.

I also heard that the new owners stopped the sales team from making sales until the review of operations was complete, although i suspect this is probably so they can change the contract you sign to introduce a cap (their website no longer says there is no cap) and an installation charge like the other wireless providers.

BTW the above is from a source which has good access to a number of staff members in IBB.

Anybody know any more about this, have to say I have been expecting something like this from them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Yes heard the new radio ads and their biggest asset to date,no cap,wasn't mentioned.
    I hope all these staff can get other jobs and as an IBB customer that their service doesn't go to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have just been on the website looking at my package - the 3mb breeze. It is still staying no caps.

I wonder am I going to start having problems now they have been taken over. At the moment, what I have is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

60 members of staff were given their notice last Thursday and all other staff have been placed on 2 months protective notice.

How many staff have they, 60 seems alot? I'd never even imagine they had 60 staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 penfold944

Try maybe 5 times that amount.....

They have a lot of staff....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

if they introduce caps i'm outta there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Actually if they add a cap it will only annoy 5% to 15% of users and greatly improve the service for everyone else.

If you are one of the 5% to 10% of heavy p2p users that eat 80% of a network, obviously you may be rather unhappy.

Advertisement