Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hey guys

Listen my nct is out on the 28th tomorrow.i rang to book an nct last week.all was fine but today i rang back to see if there had been any cancelations. when i rang they had no record of my booking.anyways i booked again but they couldnt give me a date.they said it will be texted on to me when they have it. my question is if a gaurd questions me what do i say? i mean i dont have a confirmation text or letter yet!Also im driving unaccompanied on a first provisional licence so if im caught im f*#ked anyways. any thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hand yourself in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Don't worry, you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I reckon you should be fine. Just explain the situation. You can always go to your local Garda station with the letter of confirmation (when you receive it) which may be faxed or somebody will inform the Garda who stopped you on the day in question. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

For goodness sake, the guards have never been interested in enforcing the NCT. You really only need it right up-to-date in case you want to sell your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Zube wrote: »
    For goodness sake, the guards have never been interested in enforcing the NCT. You really only need it right up-to-date in case you want to sell your car.

and to do the driving test. thats about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

you should be fine man. I booked my nct 3 weeks ago when i noticed it had been out of date for 2 weeks. It is now nearly 7 weeks out of date and i was stoped at a garda check point yesterday for tax etc and he said nothing to me and waived me on.
    I dont think he even looked at it haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    It is now nearly 7 weeks out of date and i was stoped at a garda check point yesterday for tax etc and he said nothing to me and waived me on.

I bought my current car when it was 4 years old, NCT'd it and never put up the disc. I've been driving it for 2 years, drive 250 miles a week, have been waved through umpteen checkpoints. The guards do not care about your NCT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

the only time guards do anything about the nct is when it's bundled with other offences like no insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Onkle wrote: »
    the only time guards do anything about the nct is when it's bundled with other offences like no insurance
    Not the case. People are being prosecuted for no NCT. A judge was convicted a couple of months ago. It is fairly rare though.

OP, I'm sure you will be fine. I'd be more worried about not having a full licence.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Roseyland

Slightly off topic but didn't want to start new thread. My car is due its first NCT around now but i haven't received a letter (as far as i know). The car is a UK import 04 reg and was first registered in the UK in early May 04. It was first registered in Eire in July 07. The online booking system doesn't recognise the original registration date and i cant enter the year 07 in the relevant field (for first Irish registration). Without ringing them (I'm in the states at the moment so it's not convenient) is there a way to book the car in online? Chassis number? Help appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

esel wrote: »
    Not the case. People are being prosecuted for no NCT. A judge was convicted a couple of months ago. It is fairly rare though.

OP, I'm sure you will be fine. I'd be more worried about not having a full licence.

Thats right!
    i remember reading that. kind of a strange occurrence.

Advertisement