Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cinema coming soon in maynooth?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Hi
    One of my mate on friday midnite told me, a cinema is coming to maynooth atlast.

the construction besides tesco is going to be a big shopping mall with tesco, mcD and a cinema too.

not sure how far true is this..

anyone heard this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I haven't heard about it but it'll be great if it happens as it's badly needed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 x-xRaCheLx-x

Yeah I heard that the shops that are attached to the current tesco like Carl Scarpa and the Butchers and Drycleaners and all are all getting moved in and upgraded and theres talk of a debenahms being another anchor but I dont know how true that is... and of course theres a cinema going in.... sure even if ya drive past it there's way too much construction going on for just a shopping centre.... big enough for a good size cinema... sure give it another few weeks and see if they put windows up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

There's been rumours of a cinema for the last 6 years I've been here, they claimed the same when Manor Mills was being built... So I'm skeptical. Though it would be great to finally get a cinema here.

Edit : From looking at the plans, and searching the planning permissions, there doesn't seem to be any cinema in the works...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,797 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Community Council keeps blithering about how they've asked developers to build one, basically

The Tesco development is not big enough for a modern cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Hi
    One of my mate on friday midnite told me, a cinema is coming to maynooth atlast.

the construction besides tesco is going to be a big shopping mall with tesco, mcD and a cinema too.

not sure how far true is this..

Don't believe developers, don't believe politicians, don't believe builders, don't believe mates, you'll only be sure you have a cinema when it actually opens. The Whitewater Shopping Centre in Newbridge was supposed to have a multi screen cinema, it was one of the main reasons that the shopping centre got planning permission, but once construction was underway the developers tried to ditch the cinema and convert the cinema space into extra shopping space. Now the centre has been oven for 15 months and the space allocated to the cinema is still empty.

Planning permission may include provision for a cinema, but the planners/council can't it seems actually force the developers to actually open it. So don't count your chickens just yet, but I hope you are lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement