Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management fees and the state of the wood

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

My second direct debit was due on 3 properties on the fees in the Wood last week and it wasn't taken.Anyone know what is going on.No newsletter at all from the Committee and the place looks a state by comparison to the grove or Seabourne or the rest of Charlesland .No weeding done bins overflowing albeit the grass was just cut recently for the first time this year. Is the ciompany gone bust --must be with six months and no income since nov last.Think its time to sell up if I dont get enlightened soon and get out as its looking like things are declining after just 3 years where will it be in another year or two and the agents rep cant give me a straight answer not that I both with any thing there anymore I been told so many versions of the same tale:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

I looked into this, it because we were overcharged last year so they are not charging us the first two installments this year to correct the difference. I don't think the wood looks that bad TBH, grass is kept cut, bulbs changed in lights, have'nt looks at the beds close enough to notice weeds and we've no bins near us, but all in all I think it looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ADK

Would mainly agree with Woodser. The bin at the feeder bus stop near the main roundabout is neglected. I think at one stage it wasn't emptied for nearly 2 weeks. Rubbish definitely builds up for ages at the end of my road without being picked up. They seem to do a decent job though on the main areas like the greens etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

ADK wrote: »
    Would mainly agree with Woodser. The bin at the feeder bus stop near the main roundabout is neglected. I think at one stage it wasn't emptied for nearly 2 weeks. Rubbish definitely builds up for ages at the end of my road without being picked up. They seem to do a decent job though on the main areas like the greens etc.
    I don't think that is part of the Wood Management Co.s responsibility. The spine road is covered by the developers, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 woodcutter

Woodser, it is to your absolute credit that you accept and embrace with such enthusiasm, your responsibilities and obligations as a resident. If only there were more like you. I believe you are correct to highlight any differences in standards between the Wood and neighbouring estates as this is as good a yard-stick as any to gauge the quality of services being provided. I would hope that you would use your voice wysely and direct such feedback to those charged with managing the services of the maintenance company. I’m sure such input would result in an immediate improvement or perhaps even a change in service provider. Only time will tell.

Assuming you are referring to the Management Company’s financial position, as opposed to that of the maintenance company, I would suggest that the possibility of it going bust is quite simply unthinkable. The builders remain on the Board and I’m sure they have no interest in seeing their name associated with a failing company.

Regarding your status as Resident, I believe someone in your position would be fully aware of the need to involve oneself in the management of the estate, in whatever form might personally be most appropriate, to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained for the benefit of all Residents. Perhaps your efforts and enthusiasm might be suited to a position on the committee. You will find a contact email under the ‘Handy Numbers & Links Thread’, I believe. Please let us know of any decision you take in this regard.

Hopefully your concerns, and those of your fellow Residents, will be suitably addressed in the coming days and weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

[

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Woodser, they're some allegations you're making there and I sincerely hope for your own good that you have some materials that back up your claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm sick of these unsubstantiated allegations - Woodser banned for 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sparkle1

Hi all,

Got a letter this morning for the management fees. They are looking for over €900 and have said the firdt installment is being taken out in 2 weeks. Are they allowed do this with such little notice? Also, i thought the fees were meant to go down thats why we hadn't heard anything. I won't have that amount of money left in my account on the 21st!!!!

Advertisement