Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a tat

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm getting a tattoo on my calf tomorrow. It will be oval shaped, about 8 inches long and 4 wide. What should I do to prepare and how much is this going to hurt?Sarah.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Yes i imagine it will hurt,its nice but are you getting the background solid black?
    just have some food,stay hydrated and try and get in a good place in your noggin.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Calf is muscle so will not hurt so much, until they start filling the black in... that'll take time and be sore.
    If it's too much you can have it done in two sittings and return after 2 weeks to finish it.
    Looks nice btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Since such a large area of it is just pure black, no intricate detail they'll probably use a larger tip to make it go faster for the bulk of it, filling in the areas around the white regions with a smaller tip, as such it being big doesn't necessarily mean it'll take ages.

As NukeD4 (think we'd suffer the fallout too though;)) has said make sure to eat shortly before your appointment and try bring a bottled drink (non-alcoholic obviously) with you to keep you hydrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Got one done on my calf last yr, was grand, it hurt for the first few mins, was grand after that, more of a tingle to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

rstans wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm getting a tattoo on my calf tomorrow. It will be oval shaped, about 8 inches long and 4 wide. What should I do to prepare and how much is this going to hurt?Sarah.jpg

ogham doesnt always look well as a tat but thats real nice IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 vathar

Had my calf done a few weeks ago.

As far as pain goes here's what I felt.

as long as it was on the muscle, it was nearly painless, I spent time reading and damn started dozing at some point.
    On the ankle however, things were radically different :( That part stung nastily.
    On the front side, close to the bone, it also hurt significantly more.

All in all, nothing really surprising here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Is it just me or does that look like an american football with strange threads?

Advertisement