Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning/Infractions etc

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Figured this was the best place to ask. Mainly out of curiosity.

I got a warning from OscarBravo for feeding a troll (I deserved and expected it tbh).

But I'm just wondering:

1. Warning = infraction? I've seen the work infraction bandied around and never concerned myself with finding out exactly what it entails.
    2. Are warnings on your permanent record so to speak?
    3. Is there any way for a normal user like myself to see what warning/infractions are on my account?
    4. AOB ... sorry this isn't an agenda :D

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Infractions are like black marks in your name, really. A certain number in a set time will equal a siteban.. but you'd really want to be out of order for that.

1) Warning = Infraction? -> Any links? It might depend on the context.. but i'd say he was just giving you a warning not to do so again..
    2) Nope. Infractions vanish after a set time period. Warnings(I'm assuming is as #1) are just 1-to-1 warnings.
    3) Not that I know of..
    4) Nope.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There's a yellow card and a red card infraction. The red card usually gives you an infraction point. These points expire after 10 days. If you accumulate 9 points you get a one week site ban (so far only spammers have gotten a site ban through infractions) this does not include expired points.

Infractions/warnings stay on your profile and you can view them by viewing your public profile. You can only see your infractions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I don't see anything on my public profile so it was the mod just telling me to stfu right?

Not worried - first warning in 5 years. Just curious as I said.

just fyi - this is the post I got warned about - I can hardly complain :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56037861&postcount=128

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Macros42 wrote: »
    I don't see anything on my public profile so it was the mod just telling me to stfu right?
    Right. Now stfu. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sherifu wrote: »
    Right. Now stfu. :pac:

loldog-snow-covered-eyes-fail.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement