Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodwise Be aware of the shop

Options
  • 28-05-2008 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I bought solid wood floor from WoodWise in hollyhill industrial park as they call it now 6 months later i have to get it sanded because it was a bad batch recalled but he sold anyway there was only 1 protective covering on it instead of 3 so beware of buying flooring of the shop he will fleece u like he did me big time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

you should get it replaced if they have been recalled by the manufacturer unless this person bought the recalled stock cheaply and sold it as new perfect stock?

try the small claims court?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

More details?

When you bought? When was the recall? What did the shop say/offer as compensation? Who is paying for the sanding? The flooring brand? etc, etc??

Unless they knowingly sold you stock that was the subject of a recall as perfect, this post is not very fair. Presumably you were happy with the price in the first instance when you bought the flooring?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unless you state that you have taken some action to rectify this situation with the shop, I will lock and bury this thread. This is not a forum to badmouth companies willynilly.

please read the charter with regard to posting in this forum.

dudara

Advertisement