Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising in Signatures

Options
  • 28-05-2008 6:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

I see a lot of it around yet I understood this be prohibited?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

You'll have to provide examples.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I see a lot of it around yet I understood this be prohibited?

Incorrect.
    If it is a small, subtle link, that's allowed.
    Any in your face stuff will be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Incorrect.
    If it is a small, subtle link, that's allowed.
    Any in your face stuff will be deleted.

can i have an example of what is allowed please

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Tigger wrote: »
    can i have an example of what is allowed please
    Generally, a single link in no more than size two, non-highlighted, default font that is either the URL or the name of the company would seem reasonably fair to me, and I think is what is enforced on the Poker forum.

We may make exceptions at our discretion, obviously, and I would defer to Vexorg et al on the matter.

I don't think any more than that would be fair to our advertisers, and even at that it may be worth considering banning all commerical signatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well I hope mine is allowed or I've just put a target on my head! Its an event organised by 5 Boardsies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

he means advertising business.

anyway, surely those paranormals wouldnt need to see you sig. theyd just like, know, it was on....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

he means advertising business.

Well its a ticket event but then again we're losing money on it ... big time!
    anyway, surely those paranormals wouldnt need to see you sig. theyd just like, know, it was on....

Depends on the species of paranormal, sure you've got your mediums and psychics but what about the abducties and the victims of sucubus molestation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

The advertising in sigs has purposly being left vague - it is supposed to be a subtle link - if users take the piss and abuse this rule we will take action, but for the moment its fine - we will review it if it becomes an issue.

A simple solution will be to charge for and limit the size of a commercial sig which will probably eliminate it should it become an issue or should the mood take us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I advertise for CuLT in my sig .. yet he has yet to accecpt ;_;

Large ad's for the sake of making a profit really are a no no. Small links seem to be ok providing its not something dangerous/illegal really ... and the whole non-profit / charity advertisments seem to go down well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wait, Summer Glau is a moderator here?

Hi! ;)

/shy

• Advertisement
Advertisement