Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish higher

Options
  • 28-05-2008 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Firstly, is one A4 page enough for a 20 marker in the poetry section of paper 2?
    Also, does anyone know which characters in An Triail are predicted to come up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

I'd say you should try push for a page and half to two pages. I wrote a page in a bit in my pre and only got 13/20 :mad: Fair enough there was some grammar mistakes tho. Then again one could argue its quality over quantity :D

I've been hearing a lot about shaol shóisialta na hÉireann sna seascaidí for an Triail. Dunno bout the characters tho :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Everyone seems to be doing An Trial, I'm bloody doing scothscealta and its so much harder, Id say its too late now to start studying An trial!!?

Any predictions on which story is coming up in Scothscealta??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

hmm ya i agree 1 page mite nail it instead of two pages of waffle!!

neones know whats tipped for pros nd poetry!! + how much stair are ye learning??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 whateva eva eva

In the honours poetry Im studying the four poems that havnt come up. At least one of them will come up if not two. Since the course is changing soon Id imagine we'll see alot of the unused poems etc. For the ordinary section I'm going over everything and for the pros clare sa speir, bean og, lig sinn and fiche bliain.
    Stair im learning aisling polatuil, gluaiseanna, dan direach nd a few others, i cant remember tbh?? sorry. the mock is generally a good indication of what u need for stair id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

tht i might try and answer ur question the questions are usually asked in groups of five or six and you will have to answer on two of them. the group will either be of the min characters on ther own or the minor characters on there own. they are never mixed

if u know three main characters eg. maire, her mother and the brothers and three minor characters eg. Maili, sean the motor and bean ui cinselaigh

• Advertisement
Advertisement