Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasses and Horseriding

• 28-05-2008 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have taken up horseriding again after a few years break from it. However, I now need to wear glasses, short-sighted.

I am very conscious of the glasses falling off and this is effecting my confidence.

Just wondering does anyone on here wear glasses? Is there any other option other than contact lenses? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Socos

I have always worn glasses when riding and never had an issue. Don't think I ever broke a pair even when I have fallen off. Have been riding for fifteen years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭granturismo

Hi, I'm in the same situation. I bought daily contacts again for the sole purpose of riding lessons after a few years break of lessons and contacts. The contacts worked out well until I bought a second batch and I had to return them - they just werent as comfortable as the first batch.

Luckily my glasses fit snugly with my hat and dont fog up - although I'm wary of 'what if' I fall and end up with glass or metal in my eye/face so I'm going to try a different contacts again next week.

What might suit you are 'sports frames' - I saw a few riders at a club competition wearing them. They're not exactly designer frames but do the job and I think they have an antifog coating and/or vents. Any decent optician will have them. If you've had your prescription checked recently it will reduce the price to the cost of frames and lenses. Suggested price of €120 here (thats probably frames only) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055150526&referrerid=59211

sports.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Hi,
    I have ridden in glasses for years they never fall off when I ride but they do drive me crazy when it rains! as I cant see a thing please somebody invent wipers!!
    They are more dangerous off the horse imo as a horse hit me in the face with them on one day and it really hurt!

I wear glasses on a normal day but if its raining or if I am at a show or doing cross country/hunting I put my daily contacts in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 giorgi

riding in glasses poses no problem for me either...although i find that i cant seem to "ssee" enough around me....im the same when i wear my glasses in general...so i tend ot wear my contacts every single day:D

Advertisement