Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have the guards ever stopped you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

That poor rookie! :p Goes to show the experienced gardai know the score most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Hey just wondering if anyone has ever been stopped by the guards

tee hee hee.
    maybe.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭JohnReisman

Hey Giz, thats being cheeky!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

what about if you were zeroing in the back garden (in to a proper target with a back stop and all) and you were reported by someone who thought you had a real gun.

where do we stand on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

what about if you were zeroing in the back garden (in to a proper target with a back stop and all) and you were reported by someone who thought you had a real gun.

where do we stand on that?

Not 100% sure, but I believe you would be breaking the law.

Possibly causing a public disturbance, threatening behaviour or intimidation with a firearm.

Or the guards + the neighbour could have a good laugh about it.

Best to just let all the neighbours know in advance.

• Advertisement

Not 100% sure, but I believe you would be breaking the law.

Possibly causing a public disturbance, threatening behaviour or intimidation with a firearm.

Or the guards + the neighbour could have a good laugh about it.

Best to just let all the neighbours know in advance.

yeah i better let them know so;)

I live in the country so it's a big garden well, well away from other people thank god.

A mate of mine does his zeroing in his massive shed....

I live in the country so it's a big garden well, well away from other people thank god.

from my back dorr to the back of my garden is about 60 feet. unfortunately i dont have a shed big enough if i was to lay down in mine with the AEG and took aim i wouldnt fit:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

'OMG, it's the IRA',

Somebody actually tried to set up a team called "The Irish Rogue Airsofters" a while back. How he missed the abreviation I dont know....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

You talking about me again!?!?!?

I'd be slightly worried about a neighbour who thinks your firing a real gun that doesnt "Bang" like a real gun.
    Unless of course youre just talking about them simply glancing in and only seeing the gun.

• Advertisement

You talking about me again!?!?!?

I'd be slightly worried about a neighbour who thinks your firing a real gun that doesnt "Bang" like a real gun.
    Unless of course youre just talking about them simply glancing in and only seeing the gun.

iv been doing it for a while so im sure he has seen it but there is a field behind my house and houses the far side of it that can see in to my back so if any off them saw it im worried the would call the guards.

I suppose if there far enough away, that they can see the gun but not that your shooting a small target it could worry them enough. Hopefully not though.

yeap fingers crossed they wont

yeah, i as talkin bout you Andrew, but it goes for t'other fellah too! :p
    you guys are lucky with that huge thing. miine is a bit exposed... but the shed ain't tiny either.

that said, our friend above pointed out the shed isn't ideal all the time!

maybe if i used my hallway when everyone else was out.....:o

Ha, yeah...
    Put bubblewrap over everything... Including the cat and Ricky!!!:p:p

Going back on topic, it's a shame that we have to deal with this fear, despite the fact that the guns are no more illegal(or should be anyway) than a €2.50 sticky dart gun that could be bought in any Smyths toystore.
    I guess thats just the nature of it.

Advertisement