Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up College Fund - Best Bank Account?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I want to set up a college fund for my daughter who will be starting college - hopefully! - in 4 years. Which bank or account type would give most beneficial?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Not wanting to sound mean, but it really depends on what way you save into it?

The regular saver accounts have a nice interest rate but the list of terms and conditions are huge. Some don't like lump sums and some will have huge penalties for this and that...

My personal savings is in a regular savings account in my bank. The interest rate is 'only' 4.5% odd, but it suits me as I can take money out and put, or some in at my leisure, and all from the single online banking interface.

What I would do if I were you would check out one of those articles in all the Sunday papers, where lists the best and worst place for lump sum's, best and worst place for regular savers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

That would be my way of thinking too..

Advertisement